Buen Augurio -Máximo Diego Pujol-

This forum is for our discussions on any classical guitar works. Regardless of whether these works are still under copyright, we can illustrate our discussions with extracts to a maximum length of 8 bars or 30 seconds, using attached audio files (mp3, wav or wma) or video files (mov or wmv). Only attached files are permitted. Links to audio and video files are not allowed.
Forum rules
This forum is for our discussions on any classical guitar works. Regardless of whether these works are still under copyright, we can illustrate our discussions with extracts to a maximum length of 8 bars or 30 seconds, using attached audio files (mp3, wav or wma) or video files (mov or wmv). Only attached files are permitted. Links to audio and video files are not allowed. However, we can say in our posts "you can hear a model interpretation by such and such a guitarist on such and such a site".

This forum serves as a place of mutual help if we are stuck on a technical or musical difficulty, whether the problem stems from the notes, the rhythm, the dynamics, or the fingering. We can post several successive versions of the extract, as our work on it progresses. This will serve to help not only the member who is presenting his work, but also indirectly the dozens of other members who are having the same issues with the same passage, but who don't have the equipment or the technical knowledge to post a recording.

As a rule there should be just one topic per work. If several discussions arise on the same work, the moderators will merge the threads together.
delayedMusician

Buen Augurio -Máximo Diego Pujol-

Post by delayedMusician » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:20 pm

the first 8 bars of a piece I have learned entirely but this has copyrights from Trinity so I post here only the first 8 bars

a great piece written in a popular style, I'd like to find more CG music like that, De Visee and Tarrega are very cool but I like diversity.

I have been playing CG for 10 months and this is a piece from a bigger set that I have learned at various degrees of difficulty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gary Macleod

Re: Buen Augurio -Máximo Diego Pujol-

Post by Gary Macleod » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:06 pm

Yeah, it's not good enough for me .

PAustin

Post by PAustin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:35 am

I like it...
Paul Austin

2009 Pavan TP-30 Spruce
1980's ? Yamaha G-231 II

David Belcher

Post by David Belcher » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:05 am

delayedMusician wrote:the first 8 bars of a piece I have learned entirely but this has copyrights from Trinity so I post here only the first 8 bars
Actually Máximo has given permission for delcamp to post recordings of his works here, so please share the rest with us! (Correct me if I'm wrong mods)
"In music I think it's very, very dangerous if you start to compare and say, 'This is good, this is not good, this is only one possibility' . . . there are so many possibilities, but what is important is to be open to that." - Pavel Steidl

delayedMusician

Post by delayedMusician » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:42 am

David Belcher wrote:
delayedMusician wrote:the first 8 bars of a piece I have learned entirely but this has copyrights from Trinity so I post here only the first 8 bars
Actually Máximo has given permission for delcamp to post recordings of his works here, so please share the rest with us! (Correct me if I'm wrong mods)
Hi David, yes I know that Pujol gave permission, however this piece has copyrights from the publisher, Henry Lemoine. (I mistakenly wrote Trinity but it's Henry Lemoine).

delayedMusician

Post by delayedMusician » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:47 am

PAustin wrote:I like it...
Probably not too bad, but I forgot to play the crescendo at the end

markodarko

Post by markodarko » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:04 am

delayedMusician wrote:Hi David, yes I know that Pujol gave permission, however this piece has copyrights from the publisher, Henry Lemoine. (I mistakenly wrote Trinity but it's Henry Lemoine).
Unless I'm mistaken, the publisher's copyright will differ from the composer's copyright. The copyright of the publisher is to protect from reproduction in printed (published) form - for example you couldn't scan the page and paste it on here or post up a PDF which was derived from the book. For recording, you just need the permission of the composer (which you have) or in the case where the composer has signed over the recording rights to another party, the composer's record company.

In other words - you are free to record it.
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

David Belcher

Post by David Belcher » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:05 pm

Markodarko is exactly correct. You'll see that many have published recordings here from Máximo's Suites del Plata (published by Matanya Ophee, not a publisher on our permissions list). This is acceptable because Máximo still holds rights to his works despite publishing with different publishers. So his permission trumps Ophee's or Lemoine's lack of permission. Again, mods can set me straight here, but some of our own mods have published recordings from the suites, so I'm pretty certain you are free to publish that recording here, delayed.
"In music I think it's very, very dangerous if you start to compare and say, 'This is good, this is not good, this is only one possibility' . . . there are so many possibilities, but what is important is to be open to that." - Pavel Steidl

delayedMusician

Post by delayedMusician » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi David. Look, there's little doubt: in the score there is clearly written 'copyright by Henry Lemoine'. End of story. I have read Delcamp's instructions about posting copyright material, and I abide to Delcamp's instructions. If you are in doubt, I recommend you read it too. Don't bother about what this or that guy says, doesn't matter, they aren't Delcamp, read what Delcamp says, he has posted clear instructions. I respect the guy and that's the least I can do for all the excellent transcriptions I got for free from him. Had it been me, I would not have given them away like that.

Just because M. Pujol wrote the track, doesn't mean that he has the copyrights. Maybe he sold them, who knows. To me it's not worth messing with that, I would probably not do him a favour, either.....it's like the old saying: 'If in doubt, don't eat it'. Cheers :)

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:18 pm

Everyone is right to some extent! Some of the permissions we have received have come from publishers, and some from composers. Some composers when approached for permission will advise that we need to go to their publisher. Others are able to give permission themselves. In this case, M. D. Pujol provided explicit permission himself for recordings of any of his works to be posted here.

It is true that the permissions we hold do not generally permit pdfs of the printed score to be posted, as that is covered by the publisher's typographical copyright. They relate only to the posting of personal recordings.

And it's right to say that members should not assume that because they see recordings of a particular composer's works posted here it automatically means they can post their own, as this depends on whether the permission was granted for all works, or just for those issued by a particular publisher, and whether permission extends to all members or just to individuals. You can find a definitive list of permissions received here (continuing into the next post). Universal permission from M. D. Pujol is listed there, so it's OK to post your piece in full.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

markodarko

Post by markodarko » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:31 pm

Thanks for the clarification, Geoff. It's appreciated.
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

delayedMusician

Post by delayedMusician » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:19 pm

GeoffB wrote: Universal permission from M. D. Pujol is listed there, so it's OK to post your piece in full.

Geoff
Thanks for the clarification, Geoff. :)

DM

David Belcher

Post by David Belcher » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:26 pm

Thanks, Geoff. That cleared up, delayed, I'd still very much like to hear the full recording. This is a piece I actually didn't know of Máximo's and I thought I'd pretty much played through his entire corpus! Plus you play it really well.

delayedMusician

Post by delayedMusician » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:18 pm

Thanks, David. At the moment I am doing some modifications to my guitar, but once I am done I will post the full version and let you know the link here. Cheers

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:16 pm

delayedMusician wrote:Hi David. Look, there's little doubt: in the score there is clearly written 'copyright by Henry Lemoine'. End of story. I have read Delcamp's instructions about posting copyright material, and I abide to Delcamp's instructions. If you are in doubt, I recommend you read it too. Don't bother about what this or that guy says, doesn't matter, they aren't Delcamp, read what Delcamp says, he has posted clear instructions. I respect the guy and that's the least I can do for all the excellent transcriptions I got for free from him. Had it been me, I would not have given them away like that.

Just because M. Pujol wrote the track, doesn't mean that he has the copyrights. Maybe he sold them, who knows. To me it's not worth messing with that, I would probably not do him a favour, either.....it's like the old saying: 'If in doubt, don't eat it'. Cheers :)
Rarely have I read a more charming post.

Return to “Extracts of works in progress, 8 bars or 30 seconds maximum”