Latin American Guitar Favourites, Warren Nicholson

Your reviews and recommendations. To promote your own CDs, use the Members' Announcements section.
Aurore

Latin American Guitar Favourites, Warren Nicholson

Post by Aurore » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:22 pm

I very recently came across a new recording by Warren Nicholson, a Canadian guitarist and graduate of Manhattan School Of Music and McMaster University.

The CD was recorded with his Antonio Marin Montero guitar with Drew Henderson as Recording Engineer. The album titled Latin American Guitar Favourites presents works by Villa-Lobos, Brouwer, Cardoso and Barrios.
Mr. Nicholson is playing well loved works from those composers such as the Cinq Préludes (V-L) and Milonga (Cardoso).

I found the sound solid, warm and convincing. I particularly enjoyed Ojos Brujos and Guajita Criolla (Brouwer).

Because the repertoire is approachable and beautifully performed, this is the perfect gift for someone not familiar with the classical guitar. I would also recommend this as a good reference point for students of the guitar and guitarists like me who want to have nice music during long drives.

It is available in several online shopping places either as cd or itune, the disc has nice liner notes
Please note: I have permission from Mr. Nicholson to use the image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jhapgood

Re: Latin American Guitar Favourites, Warren Nicholson

Post by jhapgood » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Hi Aurore,

All I've got to say about that is "Merry Christmas to ME!" Looks like something I want to acquire, and thanks for sharing! :)

Kind Regards,

Joe
2008 Jose Ramirez 2NE
"So Much Music, So Little Time."

Aurore

Re: Latin American Guitar Favourites, Warren Nicholson

Post by Aurore » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:26 pm

you are welcome, let me know what you think

Return to “Classical Guitar CDs and DVDs”