Pavel Steidl's new CD

Your reviews and recommendations. To promote your own CDs, use the Members' Announcements section.
GuitarX

Pavel Steidl's new CD

Post by GuitarX » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:29 am

Wow, what a stunner! I find his live performances and videos distracting, but just listening reveals a musician and virtuoso of the first order. Here is the track info:

Pavel Steidl plays
Carlo DOMENICONI (b.1947)
Hommage to Jimmy Hendrix
Jana OBROVSKÁ (1930-1987) Preludes
Leoš JANACEK (1854-1928)
The Barn Owl Has Not Flown Away
Jana OBROVSKÁ
Hommage to Gothic Choral Music
Leoš JANACEK A Blown-Away Leaf
Jana OBROVSKÁ Prelude
Pavel STEIDL (b.1961)
... and You, too, go to Ithaca ...
Leoš JANACEK Good Night

Pavel Steidl (guitar)

WILLIAM RECORDING WR001

I bought mine from Music Web International. (I guess I can't post a direct link.) My only issues with it are the misspelling of Hendrix's first name and Steidl's frequently audible breathing--the mics are very close and provide a "you are there" perspective. I heard him play the Domeniconi, the Obrovska "Hommage to Gothic Choral Music" and his own piece in concert several years ago, so it's nice to have such a great recording of them.

Lovemyguitar

Re: Pavel Steidl's new CD

Post by Lovemyguitar » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:04 pm

Thanks for alerting us to this new CD. I've just ordered a copy, on the basis of the Janacek pieces alone (I love those pieces for piano!). This sounds like a wonderful collection, and I'm looking forward to hearing it.

ben etow

Post by ben etow » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:02 pm

Thanks, I'm sure it is a must buy CD! I heard him play several of those pieces several times.
On his website, there has been a project of a DVD mentioned for a long time. Any info about that?

Check his Mertz CD too. It's as lively as his playing live, so I guess you can imagine what I mean. Among the 5 very best CG CD I know of.

Aurore

Post by Aurore » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:17 pm

a must have I'd say! I will be ordering this, thank you for sharing with us

Return to “Classical Guitar CDs and DVDs”