Sabionari Stradivarius guitar

Discussion of all aspects of early instruments, lutes, theorbos, vihuelas, Renaissance guitars and Baroque guitars.
emeraldvalley

Sabionari Stradivarius guitar

Post by emeraldvalley » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:23 pm

I recently saw a video of a performance on the reconstructed Stradivarius guitar. What is Sabionari? and what kind of strings are used- doesnt sound like nylon, and was 3rd string down half step. Are there other composers of note besides DeVisee who wrote for it?

Isabelle Frizac
Teacher

Re: Sabionari Stradivarius guitar

Post by Isabelle Frizac » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:41 pm

read that : here :contrat:

Listen here

this guitar strings are gut !

:bye:
keep hope !
Bastien Burlot 2014" special anniversary" n°1, Pappalardo 1982, Antonio Ruiz Lopez 1974, and other instruments ...;-)

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:07 pm

emeraldvalley wrote:Are there other composers of note besides DeVisee who wrote for it?
There is a list of baroque guitar composers on the site classicalguitar.org.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

emeraldvalley

Post by emeraldvalley » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:28 pm

THe video you sent me Isabelle , is this piece Santiago de Munica Tarentella a notated piece somerwhere. It sounded somewhat improvised, and i was surprised if this was the style at the time> ?

jtres

Post by jtres » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:42 am

emeraldvalley wrote:THe video you sent me Isabelle , is this piece Santiago de Munica Tarentella a notated piece somerwhere. It sounded somewhat improvised, and i was surprised if this was the style at the time> ?
This style was very common in Italy and Spain. It was the precursor to chitarre battenti style as well. Many tarantelle were played on baroque guitars of the era in a similar fashion. Lots of rasgueados and interplay between fingerpicking and them.

Return to “Lutes, Baroque and Renaissance Guitars, etc.”