lutes and early music in Berlin

Discussion of all aspects of early instruments, lutes, theorbos, vihuelas, Renaissance guitars and Baroque guitars.
John Ray
Luthier

lutes and early music in Berlin

Post by John Ray » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:17 am

Hello Berliners,

I am interested in shops in Berlin that specialize in early music (sheet music, cds, strings, instruments) Can you help me with some names of shops?

Thank you,
John Ray
blog Great guitars of the past
facebook John Ray guitars

Elizabeth Moreta

Re: lutes and early music in Berlin

Post by Elizabeth Moreta » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:03 am

It isn't a shop, but an interactive museum where you can play (some of) the collection of instruments made in the workshop. There are lutes, guitar lutes, loads of guitars including very strange older body shapes. I don't think you can buy anything but it is totally interesting. It is called "Klang Holz e.v." in the Citadelle, which is beautiful.

I am not aware of any shops that specialize in early music and guitar. Dussman in mitte has a special sheet music store which has an OK guitar music section.

What are you looking to buy exactly? You can probably find some luthiers in Berlin who make lutes.

John Ray
Luthier

Post by John Ray » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:12 pm

Thank you Elizabeth, I did not go to visit Klang Holz e.v. but I appreciate the information. You live in a beautiful and amazing city!
John Ray
blog Great guitars of the past
facebook John Ray guitars

Elizabeth Moreta

Post by Elizabeth Moreta » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:57 pm

Sounds like you do, too! I really want to go to Granada. I was looking at some 1-2 week flamenco courses there.

Langenb

Post by Langenb » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:44 am

Just in case, you come to Berlin again: The luthier Michael Batell lives in Berlin: Mariannenplatz 22. Amongst guitars he also builds Harpsichords, Lutes, Vihuelas and Viola Da Gambas as far as I know.
Der spirituelle Mensch bündelt die Aufmerksamkeit nicht auf die Vielfalt des Unterscheidbaren, sondern auf die Einheit des Unterschiedlichen.

Return to “Lutes, Baroque and Renaissance Guitars, etc.”