Fernando Sor Etude no 13 op 35

Analyses of individual works for Classical Guitar and general discussions on analysis. Normal forum copyright rules apply.
magie

Fernando Sor Etude no 13 op 35

Post by magie » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:04 am

Hi all!

I am working on Sor's etude no 13 op 35 (Delcamp D04 p. 50) for a while now. I really love that piece.
For me it's a beautiful example of how complex music can be while essentially being based on a "simple" c major chord.

Up to bar 16 I have no problems, the notes are coming easily from my finger tips and the melody notes are clear yet dominant while the bass/rhythm notes are light and still clear ... but ....

Bars 17-19 really give me a headache .... I have tried a lot so far ... just playing the melody notes (and just touch the other notes for not losing the rhythm) to get the "feeling" for the melody. However, whenever I try to play the whole bars I don't get the rhythm right and/or the bass/rhythm notes are too dominant and the melody is lost. I guess my major problem is that I think too much about the notes and I lose rhythm in bar 17 and therefore melody is lost and rhythm notes become too dominant.

Any suggestions what/how to practise those three bars?

From bar 20 to the end I have no big problems, even the barees are nothing to worry about ...
Unfortunately I have not a recording of my playing yet, hence I cannot give you an audio impression of my problems ... :roll:

Thanks in advcance!
Best wishes from magie!

D.Cass

Re: Fernando Sor Etude no 13 op 35

Post by D.Cass » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:06 am

Well, I will try to answer your question. I think a lot of it depends on your right hand fingering. How are you fingering the right hand? Also, I would add a light rest stroke to the melody. If you feel the finigering is the most efficient fingering, try singing the melody while keeping time with your foot or hand. Good luck

Return to “Analysis of Classical Guitar Works”