Analysis of Adelita by Tarrega

Analyses of individual works for Classical Guitar and general discussions on analysis. Normal forum copyright rules apply.
Smith

Re: Analysis of Adelita by Tarrega

Post by Smith » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:55 pm

Thx for your analysis and for the link to the Bream version—something to aspire to, for sure.

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:10 pm

PeteJ wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:41 pm
Stephen Kenyon wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:11 pm
.... Like yourself, I have a favourite subject upon which to riff - several if I'm honest - which is the importance of making sure one has pieces to play which are so well within one's technique that it is no bar to the exploration of musical ideas.
What a great thought and excellent advice. I wonder what your other riff topics are.
The main riff is probably the thing that what need to be able to do is choose ... by which I mean to have the technical means and/or the musical ideas to be to do one thing - or another. There's an example on another thread about RH fingering and whether or not to use the thumb in inner voices. Yes sometimes its a thing to be able to do, so long as one has chosen that it is the best thing, and not that our hand feels there is no other way, perhaps in avoiding the 'a' finger, as an example.
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

PeteJ

Post by PeteJ » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:09 pm

Another excellent point.

Return to “Analysis of Classical Guitar Works”