please delete my account and all posts - [Request cancelled]

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
AndreiKrylov

please delete my account and all posts - [Request cancelled]

Post by AndreiKrylov » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:29 pm

Hi . please delete my account and all posts
Thanks.
Andrei
I'd better speak by music...Please listen my guitar at Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc.

Justfun

Re: please delete my account and all posts

Post by Justfun » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:31 pm

Hi Andreik.
I don't know what happened but I wish you the best. You will be missed.

Fred
Richard Reynoso, Cypress \ Spruce 2016
Lozano Spruce 2001
Inofuentes 1997

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:36 pm

Justfun wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:31 pm
Hi Andreik.
I don't know what happened but I wish you the best. You will be missed.

Fred
Thanks Fred!
It is easy to anybody who could be interested in what I do or say to find me on FB etc.
I feel too different from standard views here and I am not going to promote my views on guitar things or else anymore.
I'd better speak by music...Please listen my guitar at Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc.

CathyCate

Post by CathyCate » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:47 pm

Wishing you all the best. I will miss your insight.

James Stephens
Teacher

Post by James Stephens » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:52 pm

Hey Andrei, I always appreciate your viewpoint. Maybe stick around?
James

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:52 pm

Hi Andrei,

I can close your account if you are really sure, but I'm afraid it just isn't possible to delete all your posts. Firstly, it would make a mess of many of the threads where you have posted and where other people have replied to you, and secondly we no longer delete anyway, because it causes problems for the site as explained here. When only a few posts are involved, we can archive them, but that has to be done individually so it is time consuming, and with a larger number of posts, as in your case, there is no way we could manage it. Would you still want your account closed even if your posts still remained? Could you maybe just take a break from the forum for a while and see how you feel after a few months away?

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:57 pm

AndreiKrylov wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:36 pm
I feel too different from standard views here and I am not going to promote my views on guitar things or else anymore.
That may well be the case, but your different views and approaches are still part of the scene and I for one would rather such differences were present and visible than self-censored in this way Andrei!
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:04 am

Stephen Kenyon wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:57 pm
AndreiKrylov wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:36 pm
That may well be the case, but your different views and approaches are still part of the scene and I for one would rather such differences were present and visible than self-censored in this way Andrei!
Thanks!
No more.

Sean Eric Howard

Post by Sean Eric Howard » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:05 am

It was great having you here. I'll see you around on FB, Andrei. Enjoy that beautiful home of yours!
"Besides, this criticism of Segovia is pointless. If you disagree with what Segovia did, take that energy and go out and do something positive. Otherwise, shut up." - Eliot Fisk

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:52 am

:(
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Lawler

Post by Lawler » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:56 am

I hear you, Andrei. This site has changed towards a very different mindset than existed in past years. There's more of a fanzine mentality now.

A common saying among my military friends is, "harden the f... up". Works for me.

My suggestion is that you do that. Sorry to be blunt. Stay. You have a unique voice.

Dirck Nagy

Post by Dirck Nagy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:57 am

First Polifemo de Oro, now Andrei Krylov. All my friends are leaving! Don't go, man!
2015 John H. Dick
1994 Larry Breslin ("Deerhead")
1952 Vincente Tatay

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:12 am

Lawler wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:56 am
I hear you, Andrei...Stay. You have a unique voice.
Exactly so.

With understanding, respect and friendship
Jacek
Antonio Picado, model 60, 2015, Cedar/IRW. Scale 640 mm.

simonm

Post by simonm » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:27 am

All the best Andrei. Thanks for reminding us that you don't have to injure your back to play classical guitar and thanks for all the music :-)

(Listening to Andrei's youtube channel right now).

Aside:

For anyone who browses this topic, please remember that it is impossible to delete anything from the internet. A quick look at the bottom of the front page will tell you part of the reason why. Apart from registered members and guests there are always at least a couple of named bots looking at the pages. How many copy every single post, I cannot say. How many of the "guests" are bots is also difficult to say.

It is frequently said that it takes just 10 seconds for a fresh computer on the internet to get infected with a virus so I suppose you can assume that a "post" which has been visible for 10 seconds has been snapped up by a variety of bots too.

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Thanks for your best wishes and nice words friends! Some explanation why did I decide to leave...
Sometimes I think that modern Music education have one big problem - it instill fear in souls of those who study... fear of making mistake, fear of not following or breaking certain rule, fear of doing "something wrong"...we start our music journeys in life as a beautiful way to express ourselves via the magic of the sound! yet very often after years of music studies, miracle of Music, magic of sound, which full of Free will and passions, Emotions and Love - replaced by strict mathematical calculations, precise movements, devoid of all magic felt before... why is that? Why can't we teach technical skills in a such way in which freedom of expression and creativity would not be destroyed in the process? I amazed to meet many purely "classical" musicians who absolutely unable to improvise or to create their own music text... even in the areas where it seems quite easy to do... and often seems like fear, instilled in them in years of study overwhelmed other feelings regarding music creation...We need to change music education! We need to fill it with personal freedom and creativity! We need to support individuality and originality, rather than to suppress it!
P.S. that is one of the reasons why I left "classical guitar" forum... I felt that after years of my preaching this message there were more and more people following "standard" "traditional" way and my writings were like cry of one man in the desert... and I could not change anything there....except to feel more and more rejected by absolute majority...

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”