Hello from Melbourne Australia

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Christopher01

Hello from Melbourne Australia

Post by Christopher01 » Sat May 16, 2015 12:22 pm

My name is Chris Ford and have been playing classical guitar for just over four years. I have been fortunate to find a very fine teacher and take lessons once a week for around one hour in duration. Working and raising a family means time is always limited, but I try to get in between one to two hours of practice each day. The primary focus over the past four years is developing my right hand technique and getting a reasonable sound out of the guitar using both free and rest stroke. To support this approach I have been working on pieces by Tarrega, Villa Lobos, and some other South American composers/guitarists such as Cardoso and Reis. I have found the classical guitar to be a wonderful instrument and am beginning to see how it can take a lifetime to learn, let alone master. As I am still in the early stages of learning the classical guitar technique, and have not yet gained much experience in the vast world of classical guitar music, I thought joining a forum would help me to gain a much greater appreciation of this beautiful instrument.

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Re: Hello from Melbourne Australia

Post by Vito Simplicio » Sat May 16, 2015 1:04 pm

Hello Chris,

Welcome!
Christopher01 wrote:.... I thought joining a forum would help me to gain a much greater appreciation of this beautiful instrument.
Well said and yes, we are confident that this forum will enhance your appreciation for the CG. :okok:

To get a complete understanding of this forum including links to the rules and help files, please take a look at :arrow: New member greeting page. Once you have posted 2 messages, you can subscribe to the 002 group, which will give you access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels.

On another note, it's interesting and helpful to know where our members live so  please consider adding  your location to your profile by going to your “User Control Panel” and clicking on the “Profile” tab.

:merci: and enjoy your time with us.

Vito
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi Chris

Welcome aboard.
Peter, Sydney

Christopher01

Post by Christopher01 » Sun May 17, 2015 12:41 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome and will have a look at the greeting page. Look forward to making a useful contribution and learning more about the classical guitar from the contribution of others.

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”