Hello from Houston

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
sbalderrama

Hello from Houston

Postby sbalderrama » Tue May 19, 2015 10:38 pm

Hello. I primarily study Flamenco (with a teacher) but also some straight classical pieces. I've been doing Flamenco/Classical for a few years now but have played electric guitar for many years. Basically a long time noodler with a few bouts of being in bands. First picked up the guitar as a kid (many moons ago) from a teacher who taught me finger style and ragtime stuff on acoustic, which I'm very grateful for. I only wish I'd been able to pick up flamenco at that age, it would have made things much easier. :) After playing my flamenco guitars nearly constantly for a few years my electric guitars feel like twigs now.

The main classical piece I've been working on is Asturias and of course the ubiquitous Anonymous Romance. I want to add more classical pieces to the repertoire though, particularly Bouree in Em. Anything that doubles as nice finger exercises. :)

Looking forward to participating on the forum.

oski79

Re: Hello from Houston

Postby oski79 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:15 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to Delcamp!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Moje

Postby Moje » Wed May 20, 2015 1:41 am

Hey sbalderrama, welcome aboard. What kind of music did you play on electric? Ragtime is cool, sounds like you had an interesting teacher.
Cheers,
m.
2014 Michael Thames 650mm Cedar & IRW
1976 No. 10 Sakurai 660mm Spruce & IRW

sbalderrama

Postby sbalderrama » Thu May 21, 2015 1:39 am

Moje wrote:Hey sbalderrama, welcome aboard. What kind of music did you play on electric? Ragtime is cool, sounds like you had an interesting teacher.
Cheers,
m.

Classic rock stuff. My favorite electric player is probably Robin Trower.

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”