Hello from Australia

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
cambiare

Hello from Australia

Post by cambiare » Wed May 20, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi there, I'm Paul and I'm very much a guitar newbie. I started taking formal lesson last year because I've always been interested in playing classical guitar but other things like family got in the way. Embarrassingly, my interest stemmed from the background guitar music that Clint Eastwood played in the movie Unforgiven, and I guess who can resist Cavatina.

I have not come from a professional musical background, though I dabbled in the drums during my early school years (because it was compulsory), and I also hacked around with a university mates jam session on an electric bass. But I have not taken formal lesson in music theory. You could say, my early musical journey began with the rhythm, and I'm only just beginning to appreciate melodies.

I am playing a standard cheapie 650/53 Yamaha guitar at the moment, but my guitar teacher recommended I get a custom with a shorter neck because my fretting hand is small, and in my quest, I ended up here :-).
cheers

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Australia

Post by Erik Zurcher » Wed May 20, 2015 3:54 pm

Hello Paul and welcome to Delcamp forum! Feel free to join discussions or start a new topic. Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have made 2 posts, you should subscribe to the 002 group which gives you access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also enables you to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 002 or 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:05 pm

camblare

Good to see you here.
Peter, Sydney

clinttierney

Post by clinttierney » Wed May 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Welcome Paul. I must say, as someone fairly new to classical guitar myself, this site is an excellent resource.

Clint, Brisbane

cambiare

Post by cambiare » Thu May 21, 2015 2:57 am

G'Day Peter and Clint, I'm from Brissy. I haven't had a chance to expore the forums fully yet, but Erik's post is encouraging. Have to look into some of the scores available here.

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”