Hello from Texas! (re-registered)

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Michelle Lobb

Hello from Texas! (re-registered)

Post by Michelle Lobb » Sun May 24, 2015 8:12 am

Hello everyone, my name is Michelle.

I've been playing for around 9 years now, although it's been on and off for awhile. Actually, within the past month I've picked it back up from a break. Tendinitis coupled with some strange allergy to learning full pieces of music are the cause of said breaks to be completely honest. I'm self taught with the classical guitar for the most part, aside from a class in the 8th grade learning Greensleeves and the like. I'm about to start lessons to provide some much needed direction in my playing among other things. I've played many other genres, mostly blues, but I've always gone back to classical.

There are certain pieces that are sort of milestones I guess, the ones that make me want to get better in order to play them. The K53 from Scarlatti is one of them, as well as Giuliani's Grand Overture and Rondo Alla Turca (which I attempted to learn in said 8th grade class for a solo, it went about as well as you'd expect :oops: )

As for right now, I'm working on Gran Vals and few other pieces that I've left unfinished over the years. Hopefully I'll be able to say I finally finished a piece in a little while.

George Crocket

Re: Hello from Texas! (re-registered)

Post by George Crocket » Sun May 24, 2015 8:23 am

Hi Michelle.

Welcome back. To maintain your account you need to keep up an average of at least one post per month (so 12 would keep you going for a year) and you need to visit at least once a year. When your account is closed you lose all your privileges. So you need a second post to apply for access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and more posts to apply for access to the higher levelsy (see here). It would also be useful to have a look at our welcome page from where you may find information about changes in the forum and its rules.

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username.

Good luck with the lessons.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Mon May 25, 2015 4:16 pm

Welcome back Michelle and fellow Texan...
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Michelle Lobb

Post by Michelle Lobb » Mon May 25, 2015 6:55 pm

Thank you both, I'm looking forward to being here. I think I could learn a lot from this forum. I checked out all of the information and updated what was necessary, thanks for the info on that.

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”