hello

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
beltandgo

hello

Post by beltandgo » Sun May 24, 2015 11:55 am

Im male and have been learning for a long time or rather Ive been having lessons for a long time.Started eighteen years ago and tried four different teachers.I found this a very frustrating experience but for ten years I practised three hours a day making very patchy progress and finally having to give up due to dreadful constant pain in both forearms so that I was unable to do most everyday tasks that required any strength or twisting of the arms or hands.As an example putting fuel in my car was excruciating.I had repeated physio sessions and therapeutic exercises but really what made a difference was no guitar!After this experience I was too frightened to play for seven years.
About 6 months ago I decided too try again and fortunately I have found an excellent teacher who has helped me to discover the dreadful tension I was creating in all my playing and now I am making good progress.
He has also introduced me to the concept of musicality which I have to say was never mentioned by other teachers!
At last I am making music

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Re: hello

Post by Vito Simplicio » Sun May 24, 2015 1:42 pm

Hello beltandgo,

Welcome!

Glad to hear that you've found a teacher that seems to be the right fit for you especially dealing with your tension while playing. :okok:

To get a complete understanding of this forum including links to the rules and help files, please take a look at :arrow: New member greeting page. Once you have posted 2 messages, you can subscribe to the 002 group, which will give you access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels.

On another note, it's interesting and helpful to know where our members live so  please consider adding  your location to your profile by going to your “User Control Panel” and clicking on the “Profile” tab.

:merci: and enjoy your time with us.

Vito
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”