Greetings from Croatia

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Damjan Ostrelič

Greetings from Croatia

Postby Damjan Ostrelič » Sun May 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Hello,
I am a student from Croatia. I have been playing guitar casually for about a year now, learning from various sites and videos.
I feel very lucky to have found this forums because it seems absolutely great! It looks like it's just what I needed to start taking my guitar playing more seriously.

As a kid, I did play guitar for 2 years at a local music school, but when I started playing again most of what I learned (everything) was gone.
I am interested in classical music, but I am not very familiar with it, so I think my journey with the classical guitar will be greatly beneficial to me.

I should say that I found out about this forum through a Coursera discussion forum.

Thank you for having me here and I hope I will have a great time with everyone in this community!

Best regards,
Damjan

Erik Zurcher

Re: Greetings from Croatia

Postby Erik Zurcher » Sun May 24, 2015 3:42 pm

Hello Damjan. and welcome to Delcamp forum! Feel free to join discussions or start a new topic. Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have made 2 posts, you should subscribe to the 002 group which gives you access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also enables you to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 002 or 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Damjan Ostrelič

Postby Damjan Ostrelič » Sun May 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Thank you for the welcome!

Does this mean I don't have to register for the D01 class? I can just subscribe to the 002 group and start posting my work?

Thanks, I will update my location!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Postby GeoffB » Sun May 24, 2015 5:56 pm

Magik_ wrote:Does this mean I don't have to register for the D01 class? I can just subscribe to the 002 group and start posting my work?

Hi Damjan,

Joining group 002 gives you access to the Delcamp sheet music up to level D03, as Erik said, and you can post recordings of yourself playing in the relevant "Our recordings ..." section.

You only need to register for the lessons if you intend to participate in the classes in our On-line classical guitar lessons section, where students follow a set course, post their work, and give one another feedback. It is probably too late to join up at the present time, since the course is nearly over, but it will be repeated in September and, if you are interested, you might like to register then. You can find the conditions here and further information here.

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Damjan Ostrelič

Postby Damjan Ostrelič » Sun May 24, 2015 6:06 pm

OK, thank you for the info. One last question, is "Our recordings..." section is meant to get feedback on my guitar playing?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Postby GeoffB » Sun May 24, 2015 6:13 pm

Some people post there for feedback, and some just like to share their playing with others. It helps if you specifically ask for feedback in your posts.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”