Hello from New York

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
celticaire

Hello from New York

Post by celticaire » Sun May 24, 2015 10:52 pm

Hi all!

I found this site while looking for information on a guitar I recently inherited. It belonged to my great-grandfather, and has been sitting in its case in a closet for at least 30 years. I undertook the project of making it playable again, and teaching myself some classical guitar. I haven't played it yet, as the tuner knobs broke off when I attempted to tune it- old celluloid, I think. So I am looking for new tuners at the moment, after which I plan to begin attempting to teach myself a bit. I've learned that my guitar is a Vincente Tatay, probably 1950s era, and this forum has been most helpful in that respect, so thank you!

George Crocket

Re: Hello from New York

Post by George Crocket » Mon May 25, 2015 7:25 am

Hello Celticaire.

Welcome to the forum. There is a vast amount of knowledge shared on the forum, so you should be able to find out more about your guitar with the right questions. You will also be able to get help with replacing tuners.

But to begin with, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules.

With two posts you may apply for access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and after more posts you may apply for access to the higher levels (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”