Introduction

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
twisterguitar

Introduction

Postby twisterguitar » Mon May 25, 2015 8:33 pm

Greetings from London! I live in London now for 2 years, I play the guitar since the age of 14 (I'm 34 now) but I had a resting period of 10 years. I recently started playing and teaching the classical guitar again and I decided to join this forum hoping to exchange some ideas. And oh...I am looking for a new guitar as well so if you have any tips or if you happen to know some great (young and talented) builders in Europe/UK (preferably no lattice or double top guitars, no disrespect meant), feel free to let me know and I'll reward you with some absolutely useless twisterguitar points.

Although I am a bit rusty, I'm a pretty adept player which means I can play pretty much anything. Well, I can brag some more but I'm sure we get to know each other better later via this forum.

Cheers!

Erik Zurcher

Re: Introduction

Postby Erik Zurcher » Mon May 25, 2015 8:44 pm

Hello twisterguitar and welcome to Delcamp forum! Feel free to join discussions or start a new topic. Enjoy yourself and see you around!

Here is a list of luthiers: http://www.delcamp.net/liens/luthiers.htm

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have made 2 posts, you should subscribe to the 002 group which gives you access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also enables you to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 002 or 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

James Lister
Moderator & Luthier
Moderator & Luthier

Postby James Lister » Tue May 26, 2015 10:44 am

I'm just travelling back from the Koblenz Guitar Festival, and I can assure you that there are plenty of young and talented luthiers in Europe, not to mention a few not-so-young ones :wink:

James
James Lister, luthier, Sheffield UK

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Postby Stephen Kenyon » Tue May 26, 2015 10:50 am

twisterguitar wrote:Greetings from London! ...
And oh...I am looking for a new guitar as well so if you have any tips or if you happen to know some great (young and talented) builders in Europe/UK (preferably no lattice or double top guitars, no disrespect meant), feel free to let me know and I'll reward you with some absolutely useless twisterguitar points.

If you google my name you will find the most comprehensive list of UK makers out there, some of whom are young and therefore less expensive. Its a bit of a lottery picking a less experienced maker - hence the lower price tag, but can be well worth it, and if you choose well its a way to end up with a guitar that keeps or increases in value.

Also worth chatting to the makers within Delcamp. You never know ... plus keep an eye out for guitars for sale here.

Stephen
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

twisterguitar

Postby twisterguitar » Tue May 26, 2015 7:42 pm

Ah yes, and according to Wikipedia you're also a long distance runner with a personal best of 2:11:40 over the classic distance. Not too shabby...:p

Alright, I am kidding of course. But thank you. I'll have a look.

twisterguitar

Postby twisterguitar » Tue May 26, 2015 8:03 pm

Thank you Erik Zurcher for your elaborate reply :)

@James Lister, I'll pack my bag right nows and run off to this maginificent festival xD. Yes, I know the festival but alas, I don't have the time anymore to browse festivals. Perhaps next year. And sorry, you don't have to be young but having talent for this craft would be nice :p

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”