Multi-string recordings and scores on the forum

Discussion of all aspects of multi-string guitars, namely those with 7 or more strings.
GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Multi-string recordings and scores on the forum

Post by GeoffB » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:42 am

Please note: any recordings, scores or transcriptions for multi-string guitars should continue to be posted in the appropriate sections elsewhere in the forum, in the relevant "Our recordings" subforum or in "Our scores" or "Our tablatures" as necessary, rather than in the multi-string subforum. This is largely to enable proper automatic indexing.

Any such recordings or scores should carry a tag in the title, indicating the instrument as follows:
- 7string guitar
- 10string guitar
etc.
(See this guide for more information about tags)

Notice that there is no space or hyphen immediately after the number. This allows us to find such topics with the forum search, which would not find them otherwise. (As the search engine ignores words shorter than 3 characters, and treats punctuation as word separators, trying to search on "10 string" or "10-string" will just ignore the "10" and give you a huge number of useless results for "string").

These are quick links to search results for multi-string recordings or scores/tabs already on the forum:

7string 10string 13string 15string

I'll add other links as other categories appear. You can do your own more refined search as follows:
Go to the Advanced search by clicking on the cogwheel icon to the right of the forum search box.
Enter the term you are looking for in the first field, eg. 10string
Click on the forum you wish to search, from the list. You can choose more than one by holding down the control key.
(Note that the subforums of each will be searched too, unless you click on Search subforums: No).
Then click on Search within: Topic titles only, and on Display results as: Topics
Finally click on Search.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

igycrctl

Re: Multi-string recordings and scores on the forum

Post by igycrctl » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:55 am

Technically, aren't all guitars "multi-string"?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:19 pm

Yes, that has occurred to me, but it appears to be the accepted shorthand term, so I'm not going to invent a new one. :wink:
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Alain Cloutier

Post by Alain Cloutier » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:25 pm

Hi Geoff

Can we add all my recordings in the 13 string section?

Alain

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:18 pm

Alain Cloutier wrote:Can we add all my recordings in the 13 string section?
Hello Alain, I've added a 13string tag to the titles of all your Weiss recordings. I'm not aware that you have recorded any other composer, but let me know if I have missed anything.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

Alain Cloutier

Post by Alain Cloutier » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:27 pm

pogmoor wrote:
Alain Cloutier wrote:Can we add all my recordings in the 13 string section?
Hello Alain, I've added a 13string tag to the titles of all your Weiss recordings. I'm not aware that you have recorded any other composer, but let me know if I have missed anything.
Thanks!

No, I haven't recorded any other composer. Since I strarted playing with a 13 string I just played a little bit of Bach, Hagen and Kuhnel.

I am stuck with Weiss. I can't help it!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:48 pm

Unfortunately the forum search index had to be removed today after serious server issues, and so part of my first post in this thread is no longer applicable. In due course we'll be able to use Google searches instead, and I'll rewrite the post when things are clearer.
Classical Guitar Forum.

Return to “Multi-string Classical Guitars”