Online Flamenco Lessons for Classical Players?

Somewhere for members interested in Flamenco to exchange related knowledge and techniques. Please do not give direct links to performances.
Tavi Jinariu

Online Flamenco Lessons for Classical Players?

Post by Tavi Jinariu » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:00 am

Do you fellas have any recommendations for online flamenco guitar lessons? I have a friend, who has a friend of another friend that is a classical player and might be interested in picking up flamenco guitar one of these days.
Life is too short to play music you don't really like!

Blondie

Re: Online Flamenco Lessons for Classical Players?

Post by Blondie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 am

Do you mean a live teacher via videoconferencing or a library of prerecorded videos? Also... '..might be interested in picking up flamenco one of these days''? Do they want lessons or not?

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:34 am

- Ramon Amira ?
Antonio Picado, model 60, 2015, Cedar/IRW. Scale 640 mm.
Kenny Hill, model Madrid, 2002, No. 2019, Cedar/IRW. Scale 650 mm.

Alan Green

Post by Alan Green » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:39 pm

Tavi Jinariu wrote:Do you fellas have any recommendations for online flamenco guitar lessons? I have a friend, who has a friend of another friend that is a classical player and might be interested in picking up flamenco guitar one of these days.
You don't just "pick up" flamenco "one of these days" - you make a lifetime of its study, just like you do CG. Your friend of a friend of a friend needs to get his rear into gear now

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:09 pm

As someone mentioned, there is a difference between prerecorded lessons online, and live video lessons. I give flamenco guitar lessons via live Skype, and many of my students are classical guitarists. Who by the way, learn flamenco very easily because - assertions to the contrary notwithstanding - there is practically no difference between basic classical guitar technique and basic flamenco guitar technique.

As Alan Green pointed out though, you don't just "pick up" flamenco. It requires dedicated study.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

Return to “Flamenco Corner”