Which digital camera can take long video?

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
amateur

Which digital camera can take long video?

Post by amateur » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:26 pm

I tried to record video to post on the net for my teacher when we both are on vacation. This way, my teacher can tell what I did right and wrong. The problem is my Cannon digital can take only 3 minutes at a times. It will stop automatically. No matter how much memory I still have on the card. Some of the pieces I play can be longer than the time the camera records. Anyway, does anyone know which camera can take video longer that 3 minutes?

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:15 pm

Some of the webcams work well and not horribly expensive. They have a built-in microphone and come with software for capturing the video and saving in a format you can send to your teacher or post on the internet.

stringguitar

Re: Which digital camera can take long video?

Post by stringguitar » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:16 pm

amateur wrote:This way, my teacher can tell what I did right and wrong.
In his vacation :?:
amateur wrote:Anyway, does anyone know which camera can take video longer that 3 minutes?
Take a webcam. With it You can take videos minutes, hours, days, weeks, years, lightyears :desole:
Cu

guitarrista

Re: Which digital camera can take long video?

Post by guitarrista » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:51 pm

stringguitar wrote: Take a webcam. With it You can take videos minutes, hours, days, weeks, years, lightyears :desole:
Cu
:sage: Actually a light year is a measure of distance (the distance light travels in a year).

In terms of time a lightyear spans exactly one (Earth) year :D :pace:

stringguitar

Re: Which digital camera can take long video?

Post by stringguitar » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:14 pm

guitarrista wrote:
stringguitar wrote: Take a webcam. With it You can take videos minutes, hours, days, weeks, years, lightyears :desole:
Cu
:sage: Actually a light year is a measure of distance (the distance light travels in a year).
In terms of time a lightyear spans exactly one (Earth) year :D :pace:
Thanks, I know. It should be a joke :) I placed a :desole: behind Lightyear. Maybe my humor of written words is another Than my spoken :cry:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

guitarrista

Re: Which digital camera can take long video?

Post by guitarrista » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:55 am

stringguitar wrote:
guitarrista wrote: :sage: Actually a light year is a measure of distance (the distance light travels in a year).
In terms of time a lightyear spans exactly one (Earth) year :D :pace:
Thanks, I know. It should be a joke :) I placed a :desole: behind Lightyear. Maybe my humor of written words is another Than my spoken :cry:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well I had just found out the emoticon of the old man nagging so I couldn't resist using it :D ...... Sorry :chaud:

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”