The sounds of different guitars

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
Aucaman

Re: The sounds of different guitars

Post by Aucaman » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:35 pm

Thank you rojarosguitar. Your reply is most encouraging.
I'm not really interested in becoming a sound engineer, and I have put way too many hours along those lines. However, I do realize I need some basic knowledge if I want to obtain a decent recording of my real interest: MY GUITAR MUSIC.
:merci: :bye:

gabasa

Post by gabasa » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:19 am

Hi Aucaman, I just replied to your PM. Thanks!

Aucaman

Post by Aucaman » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:21 am

Thank you, gabasa. Your explanation helped a lot

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:15 pm

In this context I should divulge the secret that our forum member Gabasa provides highest class modification of the already fanatsatic AKG C460B. He uses the same schematics as the famous Jim Williams mod (do your own research) but much better parts. I have two of C460Bs modified by Gabasa and further two are just on their way to me.
They beat DPA 4011 or DPA 4003 130V (I have pairs of both) clearly in quietness, plasticity and faithfullness, 3-dimensionality, and whatever of positive attributes more one could find, of the sound... (as one can find in the internet, Jim Williams mods of the C460B already did).
So if you want a pairs of mics for highest professional recording of classical guitar, this is my recommendation.
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”