4 Omni/Ribbon configs in CG test

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
rojarosguitar

4 Omni/Ribbon configs in CG test

Postby rojarosguitar » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:59 am

As a sequel to an omnidirectional test in mono I have made a test of three omnidirectional microphone pairs in stereo:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qamr7v4gekpv2bk/AAAkurLu7o0HoU8Y6xcJ9a-pa?dl=0

The abbreviation MP means a mic pair here; plus is the pair with an added Samar V37 Ribbon as center mic.
One series is 97 cm from the guitar uppper top edge to the mics; the other ('closer') is 60 cm.
the addition rev means a reverb version (Audio Ease Altiverb).

The mics are around 130cm above the ground pointing slightly down, parallel and 32 cm apart.

This time the were bundled together so that all takes are exactly the same. You will need to listen through decent headphones or a good pair of loudspeakers, laptop loudspeakers are not very conclusive here.

If you have a ranking please let me know.
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

gabasa

Re: 4 Omni/Ribbon configs in CG test

Postby gabasa » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:05 am

Hmmm, I will sit quietly in the background and watch how this one unfolds!

rojarosguitar

Re: 4 Omni/Ribbon configs in CG test

Postby rojarosguitar » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:01 pm

:merci:
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”