Kremona acoustic instrument soundboard piezo pickup

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
fatwarry

Kremona acoustic instrument soundboard piezo pickup

Post by fatwarry » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:49 pm

Is anyone familiar with these? I know Kremona's tie bar pickup is well thought of by some here. I tried it but when in place I couldn't shut my case without damaging it. So I'd be interested t know if this unit provides a solution to amplifying classical guitar as the potential ability to swap it between instruments is also appealing to me
"I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours" - Bob Dylan (1963)

fast eddie

Re: Kremona acoustic instrument soundboard piezo pickup

Post by fast eddie » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:37 am

I bought one of these pickups and was aware of them being fragile and would break when someone forgets about the wire connected to the amp and try to move the guitar putting tension on the wire, breaking the pickup. They are fragile, so you MUST remember when it's connected to the amp. I disconnect the two frequently since I don't trust my memory.

About the problem of not being able to close the case, I solved this by cutting a small square out of an old undershirt and folded it several times until I could just barely slide it between the piezo and the guitar body below. This gives it support and has prevented breaking the pickup.

Hope this helps. I realize it's about a year late, but hopefully it will help someone.
Eddie
Fast Eddie
Cordoba C 10 Cedar
1974 Hernandis

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”