Remote App for Logic Pro X and Garage Band

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
Paul Janssen

Remote App for Logic Pro X and Garage Band

Post by Paul Janssen » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:29 pm

Just wanted to share this in case it helps others. Today I installed a neat little app on my iPhone called Logic Remote. This allows you to remotely control Logic Pro X and Garage Band on your Mac using an iPhone or iPad. This is great if, like me, you have a desktop Mac and want to record in the middle of a room away from your Mac.

The app is Free, easy to use and really responsive. I've only used it on my iPhone but from what I've read it's even better on a iPad due to the larger user interface.

Well worth checking out.

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Re: Remote App for Logic Pro X and Garage Band

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:23 pm

Sounds like it would be handy (though its X only and I'm still on 9) but I wonder whether there could be problems as the phone obviously has to be on, and yet in recording we need phones to be off to avoid interference.

Looks like I'll be sticking with my wireless mouse anyhow ...
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:54 pm

Stephen Kenyon wrote:Sounds like it would be handy (though its X only and I'm still on 9) but I wonder whether there could be problems as the phone obviously has to be on, and yet in recording we need phones to be off to avoid interference.

Looks like I'll be sticking with my wireless mouse anyhow ...
It's funny that you should mention the issue of having to have the phone on. I didn't notice any interference as such - that is until my sister rang me half way through a take!!! LIke you, I'm also still on Logic 9 and have resisted upgrading to X. However, I downloaded the latest version of Garage Band (free upgrade) and used it with this without a hitch. For what I was doing last night, garage band was fine although I did miss the UI on logic as I'm more familiar with it.

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:42 am

Paul Janssen wrote:....
It's funny that you should mention the issue of having to have the phone on. I didn't notice any interference as such - that is until my sister rang me half way through a take!!! ...
Well that would certainly mess up the take, but also, every so often a phone will send a signal to the nearest mast and that too can be picked up by the recording system - less obvious a noise than a call or message but equally able to mess up the take.
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”