What is a good CG mic under 50?

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
DanManGuitar

What is a good CG mic under 50?

Post by DanManGuitar » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:40 pm

I'm looking for a good classical guitar mic under 50 USD. The Snowball Blue Yeti looks good, plus it's a USB mic. This BM 800 mic sounds amazing for the price. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3WmE7cnUyc

Any suggestions? I really want one so I can record my practicing with better quality then my phone. I don't want to spend anymore than $100 on the entire setup.

rojarosguitar

Re: What is a good CG mic under 50?

Post by rojarosguitar » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:45 pm

DanManGuitar wrote:I'm looking for a good classical guitar mic under 50 USD. The Snowball Blue Yeti looks good, plus it's a USB mic. This BM 800 mic sounds amazing for the price. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3WmE7cnUyc

Any suggestions? I really want one so I can record my practicing with better quality then my phone. I don't want to spend anymore than $100 on the entire setup.
You can actually record very good quality on iPhone and it's much easier than to deal with computer and interface etc. For 100$ it will always be basic, so at least you can take advantage of having an iphone (which one?). There are several very orderly products for different iPhone connectors.
For the older one there is a Tascam (you can get them for about 20$ or less, because the older iPhone plugs have become obsolete). Fot lightning there are several options from Zoom, which work also very nicely. If you search the forum or Youtube, I have reviewed both, Tascam and Zoom.
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”