Canare + Neutrik vs Van Damme + Abbatron (test)|D.Nilov

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
Dmitry Nilov

Canare + Neutrik vs Van Damme + Abbatron (test)|D.Nilov

Postby Dmitry Nilov » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:23 pm

Dear friends!
This clip demonstates my test of two different cables + connectors. Hope, it'll be interesting for you!

Youtube

This clip demonstrates a comparative test of the Canare cables + the Neutrik connecters and the Van Damme cables + the Abbatron connecters (in both variants star quad).
No additional processing (dry), no equalizer. The record is made with 2 pairs of microphones.
The close-in stereo pair - ribbon microphones with the preamps J-Decor by Igor Burdukov, the second pair - Gefell MV 692 with the capsules М69 (omni). The microphones' position didn't change (see the photo in the clip).
Interface - Apollo 8 Duo.

All the best,
DN

rojarosguitar

Re: Canare + Neutrik vs Van Damme + Abbatron (test)|D.Nilov

Postby rojarosguitar » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Nice recording facility there. Will listen later, but nice to see other fellow guitarist to care for the recording sound quality...
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”