Recording yourself

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
fatwarry

Re: Recording yourself

Post by fatwarry » Tue May 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Mousemat, If you only want to check out your playing any of the suggested portable recording devices will be more than adequate but actually there's no need to spend any money if you already have a smart(ish) phone. There are plenty of free apps that will allow you to record yourself. Quality won't be great but you don't need it to see how your playing is getting along. Even better you could video-record yourself using your phone and get free, instant feedback about your playing technique in both hands, posture, positioning etc
"I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours" - Bob Dylan (1963)

rojarosguitar

Re: Recording yourself

Post by rojarosguitar » Tue May 30, 2017 7:22 pm

:bravo:
fatwarry wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 6:28 pm
Mousemat, If you only want to check out your playing any of the suggested portable recording devices will be more than adequate but actually there's no need to spend any money if you already have a smart(ish) phone. There are plenty of free apps that will allow you to record yourself. Quality won't be great but you don't need it to see how your playing is getting along. Even better you could video-record yourself using your phone and get free, instant feedback about your playing technique in both hands, posture, positioning etc
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”