posting videos of self recording

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
emeraldvalley

posting videos of self recording

Post by emeraldvalley » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:39 pm

I have a few videos I made at home . What is allowed on delcamp that I can post for other members to hear and get feedback? mainly pedagogical in nature. and what delcamp format is it posted to?
i know about the copyright issues w timeline of death of a composer.

What format in delcamp do i post it to, and what is method of doing it..( creating some kind of link like dropbox,? are there time or GB limitations or some kind of GB limiations?

If i want to post a vid from a living composer or one not deceased long enough, what is the general way to get permission? from the publishing co?
Since i am not looking to monetize the vid posting are the permissions easier and possibly no cost. I eventually want to put these you tube as my channel- I understand youtube does not care about copyright issues, unless the requested to take it down.
There are so many classical guitar websites and youtube channel vids, which they are doing vids of still copyrighted pieces,
So what can i put on Delcamp vs youtube/website practically and legally? I would think a live performance would be a different matter
THank you
Ray

guitarrista

Re: posting videos of self recording

Post by guitarrista » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:57 pm

I don't think classicalguitardelcamp.com can host your videos; you will have to host them somewhere else (youtube, dailymotion, vimeo, etc.)

See this for the current delcamp rules: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1550&p=11236#p11236

In general, "you may give links to classical guitar videos on YouTube, DailyMotion and Vimeo, on condition that you only give links to your own compositions or works in the public domain." but there are editor and author exceptions (who have given explicit permission and are listed at the link above).
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”