Carlos CS Sensor?

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
konstantine

Carlos CS Sensor?

Post by konstantine » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:30 am

Has any of you hands-on experience with the Carlos CS Sensor?

Thank you,
Konstantine

Blondie

Re: Carlos CS Sensor?

Post by Blondie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:08 am

Save your money and for a better, cheaper surface mounted pick up get the AKG C411.

A friend of mine bought a Carlos system (the VIP, which includes a sensor) and actually has a Youtube video demo-ing it. These days he prefers another system and has some very 'interesting' things to say about his dealings with Carlos and his pick ups, there have also been numerous discussions about these on Facebook with various guitarists I am friends with, or friends of friends etc. The same things keep coming up:

*questionable endorsements - often by guitarists who may be simply photographed/vidoed trying them out and later are found not to be using them in concert.
*recordings with said guitarists which are obviously miked up as well - you can't tell whether you are hearing the pick up or the microphone from the recording device/mic
*sourcing of cheap transducers from China, and re-packaging these in new, sexy black cases with Carlos logo, freenail file etc, and adding a few hundred $ to what they actually cost

HTH

konstantine

Re: Carlos CS Sensor?

Post by konstantine » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:35 am

Thanks for the heads up Blondie! Well, I already have some nice equipment especially when I don't have to play "too" loud, but I´m always searching to improve my amplified sound.

May I ask what your friend is using now?

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”