Skype lessons

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
Rasputin

Skype lessons

Post by Rasputin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:46 pm

Does anyone out there do Skype lessons and if so, do you bother with a proper mic? I have a mic and a Focusrite box but when I experimented with using them on Skype (not for a guitar lesson...) I found I was getting quite a lot of feedback. I am not sure whether it's worth experimenting more or whether I should just take the easy option and go with the internal mic.

franks59

Re: Skype lessons

Post by franks59 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:25 pm

WRT the feedback, if you're not using one already, try using a cardioid (unidirectional) mic and make sure your speakers are behind the mic so that they are not being fed back into it.

Frank

Rasputin

Post by Rasputin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Thanks. It is a cardioid mic and I think it was in front of the laptop last time (I am just using the internal speakers). I just re-ran the Skype experiment and the first time I had no sound at all, then the second it worked just fine with no feedback... so maybe it was some kind of software problem all along.

el_guitarrero

Post by el_guitarrero » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:54 pm

....maybe use it in combination with headphones to avoid feedback. BR

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”