Classical guitar small amp for gigs.

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
christosanestopoulos

Classical guitar small amp for gigs.

Post by christosanestopoulos » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:13 pm

hello to everyone.
Have anyone thought use a small Bluetooth battery amp,like those we use in cellphones and tablets, connecting with a small mixer and a mic? for gigs?
Now there are some great small Bluetooth speakers like B&O, Sony, JBL.Not so cheap... the good ones cost 300euro and more.
They are so small and have power for small gigs.
What do you think?

sxedio

Re: Classical guitar small amp for gigs.

Post by sxedio » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi Christos, welcome to the forum. I'm not sure a bluetooth speaker is powerful enough. I have used a small Samson auro mini PA active speaker. It was used for portability, once with a mixer and a couple of microphones with acoustic instruments, and once just with electroclassical guitar and pedal. In both cases really small gigs, and to be honest with you the results were probably not as good as a good acoustic amplifier or a full size PA speaker would have been. I'm not sure I'd try anything with even smaller speaker diameter and less amp power.
(Gr) (En) (very little Fr)

christosanestopoulos

Re: Classical guitar small amp for gigs.

Post by christosanestopoulos » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:59 pm

sxedio wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:23 pm
Hi Christos, welcome to the forum. I'm not sure a bluetooth speaker is powerful enough. I have used a small Samson auro mini PA active speaker. It was used for portability, once with a mixer and a couple of microphones with acoustic instruments, and once just with electroclassical guitar and pedal. In both cases really small gigs, and to be honest with you the results were probably not as good as a good acoustic amplifier or a full size PA speaker would have been. I'm not sure I'd try anything with even smaller speaker diameter and less amp power.
hi Sxedio well yes you have right but lately i listen the B&O beoplay 2A and i didnt believe that the music was from that little speacker.
I did some research and i found many speackers in that price that they sound like that.
i will try to use it with a mic and classical guitar for test.
if its working(i am almost sure it will be) ... ouaou so small and battery powered that you can put in you gigbag...

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”