Mozart, W. A. - Concerto n°23 for piano and orchestra - movement II - for 3 guitars

Audio and video recordings of classical music (1760-1850, e.g. Giuliani, Carcassi, Carulli). Your own interpretations of music that is in the public domain.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/01 Etude - D05 Video
or Mozart, W. A. - K545 Sonata, Allegro - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Au Clair de la Lune - D01 (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048).
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
laurent cinus

Mozart, W. A. - Concerto n°23 for piano and orchestra - movement II - for 3 guitars

Postby laurent cinus » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:17 pm

Hello everyone,

Here is an adaptation of movement II Concerto No. 23 of Mozart's divine. I adapted for 3 guitars in the original key - F # m -.
Good listening
Laurent
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marek Cupak

Re: Mozart, W. A. - Concerto n°23 for piano and orchestra - movement II - for 3 guitars

Postby Marek Cupak » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi Laurent. Cool idea! Is it a real guitar trio or a virtual one (3x single performer)? Anyway, those pizzicati divided into two parts are indeed nice.

Playing with capo in II could be an option. I'd definitely try to transpose and notate in E min., which being capoed in II is F# min. with maybe some extra resonance to it.
2014 Martin Okenica cedar, modern (H. Hauser I inspired)
2012 Martin Okenica spruce, early romantic (F. R. Lacôte inspired)

Lusaka_Guitarist

Re: Mozart, W. A. - Concerto n°23 for piano and orchestra - movement II - for 3 guitars

Postby Lusaka_Guitarist » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:40 pm

Beautiful piece.

lucy

Postby lucy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:12 pm

This is fantastic! :bravo:

It's a very moving piece, (one of my favourite's by Mozart :) ), and you did a great job. :casque:

:merci:
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are”. Theodore Roosevelt

laurent cinus

Postby laurent cinus » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:16 pm

Hello,
Thank you to Marek, Lusaka and Lucy for your comments. :D
Marek Yes it's me playing the guitar parts 3, actually a capo II would avoid some resonances and give more clarity to the whole, but it would lose the side a little darker than I like this tone.
This work is also one of my favorites, I would have liked to learn to play the piano only to play this concerto movement !!! but being a guitarist, the only solution is treason, an adaptation of this masterpiece for 3 guitars, it's like the Mona Lisa reproduction in black and white on a stamp but it's still better than nothing!!! :roll:
musically
Laurent

Marek Cupak

Postby Marek Cupak » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:49 am

Hi Laurent. I maybe would not compare it to the B&W version of Mona Lisa. A music not demanding much of instrument-specific techniques is indeed shapable (take Bach or Scarlatti pieces), at least to a certain degree.
2014 Martin Okenica cedar, modern (H. Hauser I inspired)
2012 Martin Okenica spruce, early romantic (F. R. Lacôte inspired)

JohnB

Postby JohnB » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:56 am

Very nice adaption.

By the way, anyone interested in hearing and watching the original there is performance of the entire concerto by the great Romanian pianist Radu Lupu with the Vienna Phil (Wiener Philharmoniker) on YouTube. The slow movement is played with mesmeric beauty and starts around 11:25 in.
Hermanos Conde 1968, Stephen Frith 2007 "Guijoso"

Return to “Our recordings of Classical music”