Hello from Birmingham uk

AndyPurkis
Student of the online lessons

Hello from Birmingham uk

Post by AndyPurkis » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:01 pm

I am an amature level classical guitarist.
I have played guitar in some form or another for 20 years but with know sense of goal or direction. I have been playing classical guitar for about 5 years.

I love South American composers such as villa Lobos, piazzolla, Barrios, aswell as modern composers such as nico rojas and Edwardo Martin.

Like many self taught cgs I have tended to work on pieces that are to difficult for my ability. More recently I have been working through Frederick noads solo guitar playing vol 1 to correct my technique and taking enjoyment from pieces suitable to my ability.

I look forward to contributing to the forum and sharing the love for classical guitar

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Birmingham uk

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Hello Andy and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have made 2 posts, you should subscribe to the 002 group which gives you access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also enables you to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 002 or 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Smudger5150

Post by Smudger5150 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:17 am

Hi Andy, just joined delcamp recently and wanted to say Hi. I'm from the Hall Green area of Birmingham.
I did the Fred Noad book a while back too after a Happy Traum book but then had some lessons to get to grade 5.

Good luck in your playing & have fun!
"Music washes away the dust of every day life." Art Blakey

"If I don’t practice for a day, I know it. If I don’t practice for two days, the critics know it. And if I don’t practice for three days, the public knows it." Louis Armstrong

AndyPurkis
Student of the online lessons

Post by AndyPurkis » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:42 am

Hi smudger, would love to collaborate at some point. Wanted to get get involved in the ensemble in sellyoak but had no replys to emails. What are you working on at the moment

Smudger5150

Post by Smudger5150 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi Andy, collaboration would be good. Presume duets is something you have in mind? There are quite a few knocking around that would be worth a look and we could work on them separately until we're happy we can play them reasonably well to meet up.
I don't know about the Selly Oak ensemble but there used to be a Birmingham Classical Guitar group and I used to go to that many years ago. Maybe the Selly Oak ensemble is a similar thing.
My only problem is time as we're just adjusting to life with a child - he's 1 now - and finding time to practise and go out to play (?!) is a challenge.
But as for what I'm working on, I'm trying to get started on some grade 6 pieces and revisit grade 5 pieces. In particular I'm doing un dia de novembre by Brouwer as my 1st look at Grade 6.
I've also started on Danza by Ruiz Pipo as a separate thing because it's one of my favourites. But one of the other guys on the forum enlightened me that it was a grade 8 piece!! It is tricky but I'm surprised by that.
If you meant meet up to have a go at duets (and maybe do our current solos as well), I'd suggest choosing one or 2 easy-ish duets and getting to know them well and then when we think we're ready then think about collaboration.
"Music washes away the dust of every day life." Art Blakey

"If I don’t practice for a day, I know it. If I don’t practice for two days, the critics know it. And if I don’t practice for three days, the public knows it." Louis Armstrong

Return to “Introduce yourself”