Central Indiana USA says: "Howdy!"

Kaeote

Central Indiana USA says: "Howdy!"

Postby Kaeote » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:39 pm

Greetings,

My name is Timothy Barr and I am a semi retired chiropractor in Nashville Indiana, a small but delightful tourist town, in the hills of Brown county.
I began playing guitar in about 1966 when i got an electric guitar and thankfully my Mom and Dad got me lessons with a great jazz fingerstyle musician [ long before "fingerstyle" was called fingerstyle] in Thornton CO named Stacy McKee. I've since run into many of his students so if any of you remember Stacy give a shout out.
Unfortunately I was young and stupid and didn't realize what a treasure I had with Stacy and I drifted away but while studying music at Denver Metro state I fell in love with classical guitar and began lessons with Van Arsdall [ SP?] for several years. Mid 70s I transfered to Fort Lewis in Durango and continued my music study but found my calling in health care and went on to study chiropractic and practiced here in central Indiana for the last 35 years.
The demands of family and business meant I played sporadically and only managed to retain some finger skills and limited repetoir. Then in 96 I began to study with Brett Terrell in broad Ripple / Indianapolis - [ who was with Butler University ] and rekindled my love for the instrument. I still had my old crappy first classical guitar and Brett hooked me up with a Ramirez which I still have and play.
I love the spanish composers and my favorite piece to play is the Sonatina in A. unfortunately I no longer retain the skills to aquit myself on this piece without shame so I only play it for myself. I also love rennaisance.
Since then I have also reconnected with my jazz roots and aquired several other styles of guitar. Here in Nashville we have a fingerstyle competition in late July - August each year and many talented players [ come visit !]
I found this forum on christmas day while searching for Piano and guitar duets as my wife got a keyboard and is reconnecting with her music roots.
I am looking forward to knocking about here and welcome your responses.

Timothy

Erik Zurcher

Re: Central Indiana USA says: "Howdy!"

Postby Erik Zurcher » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:03 pm

Hello Timothy and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Kaeote

Postby Kaeote » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:42 pm

Hey ! wow fast response for a christmas day. thanks

Jim Imbur
Location: Midway between Lynchburg and Charlottesville Virginia

Postby Jim Imbur » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Hi Tim

I decided to check intros to see if anybody would post on Christmas day. You win!

My wife and I hope to move to Columbus Indiana sometime in the near future. We went stopped in touristy Nashville and wandered in the shops. Our biggest purchase was ice cream.

If/when we make the move maybe you can tell me about some of the local teachers. I have high hopes and expectations with UI's guitar program in Bloomington.

Kaeote

Postby Kaeote » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:35 pm

Hey Jim,

That would be cool. what a coincidence. I have not had any direct interaction with IU S.O.M. recently I emailed the lute teacher and basically got the bums rush,with a hasty reply telling me to look elsewhere and no response to my follow up. so I hope you do better. definately let me know if you are around in the future. You are probably playing at a level way above my current skill set but I would love to do duets with someone.

tim

Jim Imbur
Location: Midway between Lynchburg and Charlottesville Virginia

Postby Jim Imbur » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi

Wow! And I was counting on UI SoM to give me some much needed help. I'll be in touch if/when we move to Columbus. I think you have it backwards regarding my level vs. yours. Let's just say that I have an MBA degree (Music Butchers of America) in CG.

Kaeote

Postby Kaeote » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:09 pm

Ha, well I don't mean to be a negative nellie about IU SoM and they may be wonderful and helpful. I was just sharing my experience with that one person. We have a great music scene here in Nashville and if you are interested in playing duets let me know.

timothy

Jack Douglas

Postby Jack Douglas » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:15 pm

Sounds like the Mayberry of the Midwest. Love small towns. Welcome and good luck with your progress. Keep looking. I'm sure a good teacher will show up when least expected.
Hauser III 2014!

Return to “Introduce yourself”