Hello from Singapore.....

Grooveman JS

Hello from Singapore.....

Post by Grooveman JS » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi to 1 & All in the forum

I've been here before.......but my account was deleted after a long hiatus from this site. I'm aware of the basic requirements as members of posting & logging in to the account; I'll be most happy to fulfil this as i look forward to interacting with all of you. I'm schooled in contemporary music school with a jazz slant but some years ago was really fascinated with the music i hear from a classical guitar concert. It was Bach, Chopin & Villa Lobos, Barrios.....beautiful music. I was reading off the score & playing some of these ( alreadyy accumulated 2 full files of scores) but i realised i wasn't producing the tones that some of these concert players are doing. I realised classical guitarists have very disciplined "right hand skill set", I engaged the classical music professor from Kenesaw University in Georgia Atlanta to help me develop my RH technique. So here i am; now I've got a classical guitar portfolio as well. I've always remembered Delcamp as a very good resource for all things Classical guitar. I'm back.........
:bravo:
Masaki Sakurai MA-RF
Antonio Picado Concierto DT

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Hello from Singapore.....

Post by GeoffB » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:19 am

Hi Grooveman,

Welcome back! There may have been a few changes since you were last here, so please have a look at this page for an update on using the forum. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Grooveman JS

Post by Grooveman JS » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:44 am

Hey Geoff appreciate the welcome reply there....along with this reply I'd like to say.....I'm really envious of all you people that have an avatar up there. Tried for the longest time, don't seem to be able to put up any icons or pics up there even after resizing to 80x80 or even lesser pixels.....I eventually gave up; can you help me with this?
Masaki Sakurai MA-RF

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:40 pm

If you've been using the jpg format, you could try saving as a gif file instead. That's what worked for me eventually. Otherwise you may find some tips in this discussion.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Grooveman JS

Post by Grooveman JS » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:48 pm

:merci: OK GeoffB will try & look at the tips given & work something out. Thanks
Masaki Sakurai MA-RF

Grooveman JS

Post by Grooveman JS » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:08 am

GeoffB wrote:Hi Grooveman,

Welcome back! There may have been a few changes since you were last here, so please have a look at this page for an update on using the forum. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Hi again Geoff.......As you know I've just rejoined the community; I used to be able to access higher level music scores previously but ever since my account was deleted; i lost all privileges.....as they say: "membership has its privileges" & I'll add something here..... "privileges has its responsibilities"... that i learned :) :) :)

I've met the 20 messages requirement & have subscribed to 020 messages group in order to access the higher level music scores. Please approve my subscription as soon as you can :merci:
Masaki Sakurai MA-RF

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Wow, someone is impatient! :wink:

I see your request is approved so you are now free to indulge!

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Grooveman JS

Post by Grooveman JS » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Hello Geoff ......sorry if i give you the impression that I'm impatient; I thought i had to write in in-addition to the online subscription. :desole: :desole:

Many thanks; really appreciate Mr Delcamp & all you moderators.....Happy New Year & all the best in your endeavours in this new year.

:merci: :bravo:
Masaki Sakurai MA-RF

Return to “Introduce yourself”