Hello from KC

jgiddings

Hello from KC

Post by jgiddings » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:41 pm

I began playing guitar in the ‘60s, and am still playing in my 60s. The music I write for guitar reflects my love of Latin American music, folk music, classical guitar and fingerstyle playing. My PDFs are available for free download on Delcamp and at: www.jimgiddingsguitar.com.

I look forward to joining the Delcamp guitar forum, learning from other guitarists, and sharing my work with players, teachers and students around the globe.

oski79

Re: Hello from KC

Post by oski79 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:50 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Dustin McKinney
Student of the online lessons

Post by Dustin McKinney » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:00 pm

KC, Missouri? If so, I live in Kearney! Welcome to the forum!
Francisco Navarro 630mm Student Classical (Spruce)
Kremona Fiesta FC

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:13 am

Hello Jim,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your generosity in offering your scores for free download. I know some have already been posted here by one of our members with your permission. You might like to put your website address in your profile (in the "Website" field here) so that members will be able to access it directly from the contact icon below your username next to each of your posts. I look forward to seeing you around.

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

jgiddings

Post by jgiddings » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:10 pm

Hello, and thank you!
Per your suggestion, I tried to add my website (www.jimgiddingsguitar.com) to my Profile page. However, I received an error message saying that "the website field has an invalid url." Can you tell me how I might correct this?
Thank you.
-Jim

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:16 pm

Hi Jim, I just tried it and it seems to expect the url to be entered starting with the "http" element, even when this doesn't appear in the website name. I entered it into your profile for you, with that addition, and it works, so members can now access your site via your contact icon or your profile page.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

jgiddings

Post by jgiddings » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:12 pm

Geoff,
Thank you very much! I appreciate your helpfulness, as I am new to all of this.
I'm grateful to have the website available on my Profile now, and I look forward to participating in the Delcamp forum.

Again, many thanks!

Best,
-Jim

Return to “Introduce yourself”