Hello from the Bay Area in California!

gfinleyg

Hello from the Bay Area in California!

Postby gfinleyg » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Hi All,
I'm a student of guitar and have been playing classical guitar for about 12 years now. I started playing rock in High School and surf music in college on my own, then picked up Ben Bolt's 39 Progressive Studies and have now changed track entirely to classical guitar. I'm currently taking a great group performance workshop with Ron Dunn who has been my main source of instruction and inspiration since 2007 :) I play a beautiful Gil Carnal spruce top guitar. I'm mostly into modern and romantic guitar, most music with a latin influence.

Glad to be a part of this board!
Best to all,
Greg Finley

oski79

Re: Hello from the Bay Area in California!

Postby oski79 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:04 pm

Welcome to Delcamp, Greg!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
"Before Elvis, there was nothing." --John Lennon

gfinleyg

Re: Hello from the Bay Area in California!

Postby gfinleyg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:17 pm

Thanks Oski! There is so much here, I almost don't know where to begin :)

Return to “Introduce yourself”