Full circle - A lifetime of guitar

Loslo

Full circle - A lifetime of guitar

Postby Loslo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:58 pm

My name is Loslo.

At age 13, I started lessons on the guitar, progressed to playing in bands, and at the age of 21 decided
I wanted to go to college to study music...at the time, there were no Jazz Guitar programs at colleges in NYS so I
called the local Conservatory and started classical guitar lessons...I auditioned with the 3 simplest Tarrega pieces and got in one of only 3 community colleges at the time that had a music program. A consultation with my advisor led to me being able to take all the same coursework and play in ensembles as a classical guitar major, juries and all, but my lessons would focus on pick style jazz guitar.

After college I had the good fortune of making a living as a working musician( between performing and teaching)...then came wife and family, and in my 40's and 50's I was lucky enough to get a government job with steady pay, benefits, health insurance and bingo...a small pension....

I'm collecting that pension now, and after being a part-time jazz guitarist for the 16 years( over 600 gigs) I'm ready
To explore and have the time to do it....time to pick up where I left off on classical guitar...

I have just ordered a nice beginner classical, a La Patrie Concert, pulled out the old books....I see David Starobin plays using a guitar strap....I like that better than the old foot stool...my original teacher was not dead set on nails...she had them, but I was to make my own choice and chose to have them almost 40 years ago...I was here to research the topic and decided to join...so..full circle ....a new chapter of guitar playing begins

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Re: Full circle - A lifetime of guitar

Postby Vito Simplicio » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:51 pm

Hello Loslo,

Welcome and thank you for sharing.

Loslo wrote:....time to pick up where I left off on classical guitar...

Good for you! :okok: And this is the place to help start you back on the CG.

To get a complete understanding of this forum including links to the rules and help files, it is highly recommended that you take a look at :arrow: New member greeting page. Once you have posted 2 messages, you can subscribe to the 002 group, which will give you access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels.

On another note, it's interesting and helpful to know where our members live so  please consider adding  your location by going to your username link at the top right corner and clicking on “User Control Panel.”

:merci: and enjoy your time with us.

Vito
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

Jack Douglas

Postby Jack Douglas » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Nice introduction. Welcome and get those nails perfected for the new classical!
Hauser III 2014!

spanishguitarmusic

Postby spanishguitarmusic » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:14 am

Welcome, Loslo! Very nice introduction and you will love it here on the forums! Let me know how you like the LaPatrie Concert classical when it arrives. I am also thinking of getting either that model or something else from the LaPatrie line. Thanks.

lagartija

Postby lagartija » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:53 am

Welcome to Delcamp, Loslo! We are glad you found us. :-D
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Return to “Introduce yourself”