Hello From England

Arro204

Hello From England

Post by Arro204 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:41 pm

I've only been playing classical guitar for about a year and I am very pleased with my progress. I have never had any instruction by a teacher.
I am studying The Guitar Method by Julio Salvador Sagreras and have reached page 38

The resonon why I've joined the Classical Guitar Forum is I want a lot more out of my guitar playing. You are not going to believe this but i have never played a piece of music. I have only played Guitar method excersises.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Hello From England

Post by GeoffB » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi Arro204,

Welcome to the forum! You'll find plenty of pieces to get your teeth into in the Delcamp score collections, usefully arranged by level of difficulty. Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started on the forum, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings, as well as the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Re: Hello From England

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:50 pm

Hello Arro, and yes that's quite surprising, though in a sense, even exercises are 'pieces of music', but you might want to look at some of the scores with the forum collections, and perhaps ask for suggestions from members in a separate post, relating to your point with the Sagreras (which I'm not familiar with I'm afraid).
And its easy to build up those posts to get to 020 as Geoff mentioned, just listening to members' recordings and offering views will do that quite quickly, and also build up some of your awareness of how the playing thing works.
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

Return to “Introduce yourself”