Greetings from Cornwall

Spud

Greetings from Cornwall

Post by Spud » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:18 pm

I'm an old guy and have been playing classical guitar for more than fifty years. I'm way past my best and currently struggling with arthritis and deafness but still get a whole lot of entertainment from playing the guitar. I like all sorts of guitar music from the 1500s to the present day particularly Dowland, Cutting, Bach, Scarlatti, Sor, Tarrega, all the Spanish Romantics, Villa-Lobos, Barrios, Koshkin, to name a few. Currently working on a few Dowlands, a Bach gigue and occasionally the D minor Chaconne as well as some of Enrique Granados' Valses Poeticos and Prelude #3 by Villa-Lobos. Some of these I may post to my YouTube channel in the fullness of time. On account of my deafness I exclusively play a classical style travel guitar (Miranda) which outputs to an ear piece. I have to use just the one ear because my right ear hears notes three semitones higher than my left which is no use to anyone.

:bye:

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Greetings from Cornwall

Post by GeoffB » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:57 pm

Hi Spud,

Welcome to the forum! Plenty of us old guys here. I hadn't come across the phenomenon you describe concerning your ears, but I can see that would complicate matters! Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to post your recordings on the forum, because only recordings on purely acoustic instruments are allowed, but if you put a link to your YouTube channel in the website field of your profile in due course, we'll be able to look for them there.

Meanwhile please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Introduce yourself”