Hello from VA

frescoVA

Hello from VA

Postby frescoVA » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:41 pm

I just found these forums while searching for some classical guitar info. I've loved the instrument for as long as I can remember but just recently picked it up. I've been taking weekly lessons for the past 5 months (give or take).

After I turned 50 in August of 2016 I decided that it was now or never. A few years ago I shared my love of the guitar with my young nephew by introducing him to some of my favorite artists and bands. He says it changed his life! He went on to graduate at Berkley school of music specializing in the guitar and now plays in a successful band - It took him a little under 10 years to be where he is today; I promised him that by the time I turned 60 I would get up on stage with him to play alongside him.

I picked the classical guitar because I think it's the most pure and figure it can be a starting point for other styles. I'm loving every minute of it - just wish I had more time to practice every day...

I love virtually all music - will listen to classical to heavy metal. I love listening to soloists the most though and hope to one day be able to play at least a couple of songs well enough. Glad I started this journey.

I joined the boards to find more resources and see what other like-minded people, maybe even connect with someone nearby who is on a similar journey as I am...

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Hello from VA

Postby GeoffB » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:45 am

Hi frescoVA,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for a great introduction! I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Jack Douglas

Postby Jack Douglas » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:42 am

Welcome Frescova,
Glad you discovered Delcamp and good luck with your own search. What part of Virginia are you in. I'm in a small town north of Richmond and I definitely enjoy the classical guitar world in Virginia.
Jack
Hauser III 2014!

spruceman33

Postby spruceman33 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Welcome Frescova. Glad to hear that you're enjoying it so much. Where in VA are you? Perhaps we could play some pieces together if we live near each other?
2008 Kenny Hill Hauser '37 SP/IN
1992 Richard Howell CD/IN

Return to “Introduce yourself”