Greetings from Dublin

namlehai

Greetings from Dublin

Post by namlehai » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:10 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm a new member of the forum. My name is Nam from Vietnam, a 27 years old guy.
I'm now a PhD student in Computer Science in University College Dublin but I love guitar, specifically classical guitar.

I can play the melody and imitate guitar players when I was 8, but my family did not have good financial condition to support me following the artist career, so I left the guitar when I was 10, and followed my 'academic' study like other children in Vietnam.

For such a long time, I often listen to several kinds of music in general, and guitar as well, but I did not touch the guitar for at least a time. But 3 years ago, I came up with the idea of playing the guitar again after more than 14 years. I started to learn how to play classical guitar by myself with a lot of textbooks and videos from the internet, showing classical techniques. I do not have much time on working hours so I'm a self-taught, listen and play whenever I'm free.

Currently, my guitar is Antonio Picado model 45 from Spain, I bought it on e - b a y for 500 pounds. She's still beautiful with a lovely sound.

As a self-taught, first I started with some etudes from Carulli books, but I can play several pieces easily. Then I switched to fernando Sor etudes. I found Fernando Sor the most impressive to me with 20 etudes collection by Segovia. I can play etudes 1,2,3,5,6 from that.

I'm having a plan to play classical pieces by Agustin Barrios, Tarrega, and some rearrangement from the music of Bach, Beethoven (but easy versions).

The guitar players I love the most are Andres Segovia, John Williams, Alvaro Pierri, Christopher Parkening :)

Nice to know you all. Hope to learn a lot from you :)

Erik Zurcher

Re: Greetings from Dublin

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:07 pm

Hello Nam and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Hello Nam and welcome!

namlehai

Post by namlehai » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:17 pm

Erik Zurcher wrote:Hello Nam and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Dear Erik,

Many thanks for your support.
However, I didn't receive 2 messages from moderators for such a long time so I cant connect to score libraries and post my own recording.

Nice to know you.

Nam.

namlehai

Post by namlehai » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:18 pm

Luuttuaja wrote:Hello Nam and welcome!
Nice to know you Hi :-)

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:27 pm

namlehai wrote:Dear Erik,

Many thanks for your support.
However, I didn't receive 2 messages from moderators for such a long time so I cant connect to score libraries and post my own recording.

Nice to know you.

Nam.
You got the wrong end of the stick, Nam. It is you who has to post two messages, not the Moderators, whose role is to approve your first two posts. Anyway, you now have three approved messages, so you are good to go. :D
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

namlehai

Post by namlehai » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:22 pm

Oh great George,

So I just need to send 2 messages to someone, right.

Thank you very much.

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:33 pm

Nam, "posts" and "messages" are the same thing. This is both a post and a message. "Private messages" are different. You have already met the requirements to access the areas outlined in Erik's post.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Introduce yourself”