greetings from melbourne australia

unicornio

greetings from melbourne australia

Post by unicornio » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:49 pm

Hi folks, an eternal beginner here. Mad for guitar since early teens back in the 1980's.
When of age I played the pub and hotel circuits for a few years, basic rock n roll, nothing fancy...

Then went travelling for sometime, so practice took the backstage :( One great thing happened in those travels though, musically. The music of Silvio Rodriguez, the Cuban poet, musician, and composer crossed my path. Something so profound upon that first listen just stayed in my heart...

Guitar is very number one to me, I guess we all have gifts of different sorts, and long to better that gift... So I've come here to join that journey. Maybe oneday learn Silvios song etc. Thats my dream...

I just recently purchased a simple nylon string and ordered a Sagreras book, and tonight googling found Jean-Francois forum. Just had to jump right in, its awesome!!! Thank you.

Picking up the guitar again has not been easy... making progress though. Mi Unicornio azul ayer se me perdio...

trying to learn a bit of spanish on the way too, at the same time, as per the dream above...

thx again

Erik Zurcher

Re: greetings from melbourne australia

Post by Erik Zurcher » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Hello unicornio and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:50 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Regards
Peter (Sydney)

martinardo

Post by martinardo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:07 pm

G'day unicornio and welcome.

Interesting to hear about Silvio Rodriguez. I will check him out.

Hope you are enjoying the re-aquaintance with the guitar and things Classical.

Good luck with the Spanish.

Cheers, martinardo (country victoria)
I'm pink therefore I'm Spam

unicornio

Post by unicornio » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:10 pm

thanks very much Erik for the prompt welcome, up at sunrise this morning and here we are.

i am looking forward to reading the forums, gleaning knowledge, networking, and posting if i can share something on topic. very very nice moderated forum, thx again. appreciate the opportunity to network and learn as i am not able to do lessons etc another way... as readers here will already know much can be learned by others input... and the forums seem active too - haha, long live guitar :) best thing i ever decided to do...

yesterday was thinking about all those years ago, the friend in secondary school who used to lug his steel string to school each day, his joy when i asked him to come to a music store after school and assist in my first purchase, then in due course lessons after school from an accomplished player, the jams, friendships, and hours wasted (not wasted) etc. wow, the first teachers knowledge still sits in the back of my aging greymatter, ever grateful for those early days...and coming to a forum like this now, i feel like a kid again :D

its treasure really what kids can choose to make hobby... as time passes it seems the value of the musical art really cannot be measured. gee its a wonderful gift that kid gave lugging his guitar on his bicycle all those years ago!

Bernhard Heimann

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:11 am

Hi unicornio,

a four language (Spanish - English French - Italian) edition of the Sagreras Lecciones can be found here:

http://www.guitarraclasicadelcamp.com/p ... reras.html

This might help with learning Spanish guitar vocabulary.

Bernhard

sparrowhawk

Post by sparrowhawk » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:05 pm

Hi unicornio
Hope you enjoy the forums, it's a delight for a classical guitarist

ChantonYemen

Post by ChantonYemen » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:53 am

I hadn't heard of Silvio Rodriguez before this post, but I'm glad I did

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Welcome to the forum unicornio. Like you, I'm also from Melbourne. I'm not sure if you are planning to take lessons but if so, I'd be happy to recommend some teachers to you depending on where you live. The Sagreras method is a good place to start but it works even better if you have someone who can help you develop a strong technique from the very beginning. Either way, I wish you good luck with your passion.

Paul (from Melbourne)

unicornio

Post by unicornio » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:54 am

hi folks, thx for the nice welcomes. glad you like Silvio, Chanton. Hey Sparrow, a delight indeed. And Paul thx, and to all, a delight indeed.

Return to “Introduce yourself”