Hi from Georgia...

Swin

Hi from Georgia...

Post by Swin » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:16 pm

My name is Suzie, married to David, mom to two sons (ages 21 and 18). After a ten year hiatus I picked up the guitar about 18 months ago thanks to my husband's encouragement. He plays acoustic, bass, and has recently acquired a Fender tele. I had been learning for about 3 years prior to the hiatus (8 months in lessons). I've been using Christopher Parkening's books (currently working on Bach's Cello Suite Prelude in Volume II). My husband and I try to play together at times, but our styles are very different which makes it a challenge...but a fun one!

Glad to be on board here.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Hi from Georgia...

Post by GeoffB » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:44 am

Hi Suzie,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:31 pm

Hello Suzie and welcome to the forum!

Grooveman JS

Post by Grooveman JS » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:22 am

Howdy Suzie........welcome on board.....you'll find like me; CGDelcamp is a wonderful resource for all things CG :bravo:

Out of the whole lot of intro postings, I chose this one because I have "Georgia on My Mind"; Spent a good 5 years in Atlanta...... :D :) 8)
Masaki Sakurai MA-RF
Antonio Picado Concierto DT

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Hey Suzie,
Welcome. I was just in Athens for some continuing education and appreciated spending a couple of days in Georgia. Enjoy your adventure on Delcamp. I'm sure you'll find interesting and helpful information.
Jack
Hauser III 2014!

Swin

Post by Swin » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:57 pm

Grooveman JS wrote:Howdy Suzie........welcome on board.....you'll find like me; CGDelcamp is a wonderful resource for all things CG :bravo:

Out of the whole lot of intro postings, I chose this one because I have "Georgia on My Mind"; Spent a good 5 years in Atlanta...... :D :) 8)
Thanks for the welcome! I've already learned a great deal in just a few days of reading posts here. Very inspirational!

I love Georgia... Been here since I was 12. Good people, good food... terrible traffic. Still, home sweet home!
:merci:

Swin

Post by Swin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:46 am

Jack Douglas wrote:Hey Suzie,
Welcome. I was just in Athens for some continuing education and appreciated spending a couple of days in Georgia. Enjoy your adventure on Delcamp. I'm sure you'll find interesting and helpful information.
Jack

Thanks Jack! You should visit it in the fall! The changing leaves in the mountains are fantastic (as are the fried Apple pies).

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:02 am

Swin wrote:
Jack Douglas wrote:Hey Suzie,
Jack

Thanks Jack! You should visit it in the fall! The changing leaves in the mountains are fantastic (as are the fried Apple pies).
Susie,
Fall leaf color and fried apple pies will surely bring me Bach! :)
Jack
Hauser III 2014!

Swin

Post by Swin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:20 pm

:lol:

Return to “Introduce yourself”