Hi from Sofia

Rub

Hi from Sofia

Post by Rub » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:58 am

Hello all,

I'm Kamen from Sofia, Bulgaria (although not for long, because in April I will start travelling through southern Europe :) )
I'm 27 years old and started playing classical guitar 9 months ago with no previous experience in music (except only for some very basic music theory).
I take lessons from a teacher once per week and it is going very good. The textbook we go through is in bulgarian language and I think it is really good.
So far I've learned some arpeggios, different right-hand patterns, few a bit more complex pieces (at least to me), some music theory.
I play every day for 1-2 hours with probably 1 day break per week. It's hard, because I must play each new thing for few hundred times in order to get somewhere, but as a whole I'm glad with the progress.

The problem is I won't be visiting my teacher anymore, because after 1 month I will start travelling (with my guitar) for unknown period of time. That's why I started looking for other ways of learning and I found this forum.
I hope I can start from the level I already have and continue from there, without picking too hard or too easy things. This will be the hardest thing, because when you have a teacher, he "builds" in you gradually with the exact pace you need. Without a teacher it will be really hard, but I don't have other choice due to the constant travelling.

Cheers!
Kamen

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Hi from Sofia

Post by GeoffB » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:52 am

Hi Kamen,

Welcome to the forum! As you have found, having a teacher is the ideal way to learn, but if that will not be possible for some time then you may find the online lessons here useful to you. If you wish to join in and submit recordings for feedback from other students, you can find the conditions for taking part here and further information here. Or, if you prefer, you can just follow the lessons by yourself as an observer without signing up and without any conditions. You will find the lessons here. You can start at whichever level you wish (D01 is the easiest level, then D02, etc). You will have access to the relevant sheet music after your second post on the forum has been approved.

Please meanwhile have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started on the forum, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Rub

Post by Rub » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:38 am

Hi Geoff,

Thank you very much for the fast reply with useful links.
I understand that almost each new person here have some concerns about the rule for the posts. I'm sorry if it appears as spam to you, but I have one question as well :)
It says that I will have access to the sheets after my second post on the forum has been approved. What happens after the second post? Should every other post after that be approved (to reach 20 or more) ? I assume posts that are not approved are the one described in the rules?
Apart from that - I read some posts and I understand the part with the contribution and participation in "exchange" for the library and I think it's a great idea and wish you all good luck with this initiative :)

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:58 am

Hi Rub. Welcome to the forum. You should now have access as described by Geoff. You should also be able to post "live" without any further need for prior approval. Good luck with the trip - and the lessons.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:25 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Anastas

Post by Anastas » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:48 am

Hello Kamen, Welcome to the forum and good luck!

Return to “Introduce yourself”