Introduction

jameshawes5

Introduction

Post by jameshawes5 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:43 pm

Hello, my names is James Hawes. I have been studying and playing classical guitar since I was twelve years old. I'm fifty three years old now, so that's been a long time, but I've learned that it takes even longer then that for most people to truly become proficient on the guitar. I am a private teacher with a full schedule of guitar, piano, and French horn students. My degree is actually in horn. I have a performance degree and a masters degree fron the Indiana University School of Music. Although I miss playing in orchestras, I don't play horn anymore and devote all of my practice time to the guitar. I look forward to what I might be able to learn from the forum members.

Erik Zurcher

Re: Introduction

Post by Erik Zurcher » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:44 pm

Hello James and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Rick Beauregard
Student of the online lessons

Post by Rick Beauregard » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:37 pm

...And we look forward to what we can learn from a horn player. Breathing? Welcome to the forum.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:04 pm

Hello James and welcome to the forum!

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:03 am

Welcome and feel free to toot your horn on Delcamp!
:casque:
Hauser III 2014!

Return to “Introduce yourself”