Back At It In Colorado

Chantysboy7

Back At It In Colorado

Postby Chantysboy7 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:17 pm

I studied classic guitar at Arizona State in the late 90s. While there, my *then* wife got accepted to veterinary school in Colorado. I reluctantly sold my Michael Thames guitar, made specifically for me, to help finance our move. I pretty much quit playing guitar altogether at that point. Recently, I was screwing around on the internet and I came across that very Michael Thames guitar for sale. Unfortunately, before I could buy it, it was gone. However, it has resparked my interest in playing again.
I had a pretty devastating injury to my left hand about a decade ago, and had to relearn how to play guitar. Since then it's been simple stuff, rock, blues, praise and worship music. But, my skill level is back to where I think I can begin playing classic guitar again.
Next step is to save up to purchase a quality guitar. Any suggestion for something under a grand? I'm not expecting Thames quality, that will come later. Just something to get me through temporarily.
I prefer Spanish sounding stuff, and romantic period guitar music. One of my faves is Barrios Mangore. Particularly looking forward to learning Isabel.
The access to music is amazing today, so much easier to hear music and learn it than when I was in school. Very excited to be getting back into it.
Thanks for letting me join your forum.
Jay
Last edited by Chantysboy7 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

George Crocket

Re: Back At It

Postby George Crocket » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:47 pm

Hi Jay. Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your hand injury - but it's great that you are back at playing classical guitar despite it.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. You already have enough posts to be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here). We have an area reserved for discussions on buying guitars, so you may want to post a message there - viewforum.php?f=107.

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Enjoy your visits.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Luuttuaja

Re: Back At It In Colorado

Postby Luuttuaja » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:54 pm

Hello Jay and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will find some helpful discussion here about buying a guitar. Good luck with getting back to playing!

Return to “Introduce yourself”