Greetings from Eastern USA

C-Squared

Greetings from Eastern USA

Post by C-Squared » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:00 am

Hello all-

I have been playing and teaching music for over 35 years. Started on trumpet and flute, moved around in instruments till I got my first guitar around age 10. While I am more of a blues, jazz, and metal guy, I have always had a deep appreciation for classical music, orchestra music, and especially the classical guitar. I dabble here and there and lately have had the itch to grow my nails again and dig deeply into perfecting a few pieces that I have always loved. I found a Breedlove pursuit nylon for a decent price that gives me decent tones and something to practice technique on, if I stick with it and my tremolo starts to come along I will look to upgrade.

Side note< I mention from Eastern USA. Wife and I are in Connecticut currently, but will be relocating further south on the East Coast SOON

Cheers!

George Crocket

Re: Greetings from Eastern USA

Post by George Crocket » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:45 am

Greetings C-Squared. Welcome to the forum. It is great to see an experienced multi-instrumentalist return to classical guitar.

Please be sure to have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit. When you do r4elocate you can always edit this entry.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:23 pm

Greetings C-Squared. Hope the move South goes smoothly. Which state?
Hauser III 2014!

C-Squared

Post by C-Squared » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Jack Douglas wrote:Greetings C-Squared. Hope the move South goes smoothly. Which state?
We're looking at the Greenville area of South Carolina, but still searching before making a final decision. My Dad is in Palm Bay FL and my Mom is in Myrtle Beach SC. Being closer to them will be nice. Most of my wife's family is in PA and her Mother is undecided on staying in CT. We know someplace on the East Coast is where we'll end up, at least Virginia, probably not Florida, but who knows? We're embracing this as our next adventure.

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:44 pm

C-Squared wrote:
Jack Douglas wrote:Greetings C-Squared. Hope the move South goes smoothly. Which state?
We're looking at the Greenville area of South Carolina, but still searching before making a final decision. My Dad is in Palm Bay FL and my Mom is in Myrtle Beach SC. Being closer to them will be nice. Most of my wife's family is in PA and her Mother is undecided on staying in CT. We know someplace on the East Coast is where we'll end up, at least Virginia, probably not Florida, but who knows? We're embracing this as our next adventure.
Having grown up in Spartanburg County, Greenville was the nearby big city. It's my understanding that the job market in that are is very good. Housing prices would likely be more modest in some of the nearby smaller towns. If you go there to look make sure you check out Downtown Greer, Spartanburg, Anderson and even drive up to Hendersonville,NC.
I'm sure you've investigated Charleston and some of the communities on the way up to Myrtle Beach. But have you checked out Ocean Isle Beach, NC or inland at Florence, SC?
I'm in Virginia and near Richmond.
Lot's of choices down South!
And I believe you'll find a number of classical guitar lovers in Carolina! You'll be right at home!
Last edited by Jack Douglas on Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hauser III 2014!

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:52 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Return to “Introduce yourself”