Hello from Massachusetts

BillRoosa

Hello from Massachusetts

Post by BillRoosa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi,
My name is Bill, I live in a small town south of Boston. I'm joining the forum because I am looking to buy my first classical guitar. I've been playing steel string accoustic and electric for 20+ years, but it seems like the first guitar I pick up when I go in the store is something with nylon strings. I taught myself how to play the prelude to Bach's cello concerto last year, and I've always been a fan of classical music. However, I have no formal musical training, and I can't read notation. But I'm planning on doing that as I learn how to play my new classical.

I also have started luthiery, as a hobby (for now....). Last year I finished my first guitar, a replica of a '52 Fender Telecaster. I have twin Stratocasters that I'm in the middle of painting, and a Les Paul that I just started. The end goal is to keep building my skills so I can make some decent accoustics, both nylon and steel string, and maybe even an archtop.

I'm just starting to browse the forum, but it looks like there's a lot of good resources here!

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Massachusetts

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Hello Bill and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

celestemcc

Post by celestemcc » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:16 pm

Hi Bill,
I'm from south of Boston too. If you haven't, consider joining Boston Classical Guitar Society. All levels are very welcome. Concerts, events, monthly performance parties (I'm hosting one soon in fact). Just Google, you'll find them!
2015 Connor spruce/Indian rosewood
1978 Ramirez 1a cedar

BillRoosa

Post by BillRoosa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:17 pm

celestemcc wrote:Hi Bill,
I'm from south of Boston too. If you haven't, consider joining Boston Classical Guitar Society. All levels are very welcome. Concerts, events, monthly performance parties (I'm hosting one soon in fact). Just Google, you'll find them!
Thanks Celeste, I will look them up.

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:45 pm

Hello Bill and welcome to the forum!

bear

Post by bear » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:12 am

lots of folks from mass here. welcome
2013 Jeff Medlin '37 Hauser 640mm sp
2006 Michele Della Guistina Concert 10 string 650mm ce
2005 Jose Ramirez 4E 650mm ce
2005 Manuel Rodriguez Model C3F 650mm sp
2003 Manuel Rodriguez Model D 650mm ce

Jim Davidson

Post by Jim Davidson » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:45 am

Welcome, Bill!

Bridgewater/Braintree local here. I'd also highly recommend the Boston Classical Guitar Society. Our ensemble festival is this coming weekend, in fact!

http://bostonguitar.org/2017-ensembles-festival/
2015 Alan Chapman Test Friederich CD/CO
2009 Cervantes Concert Milenia SP/PE

Return to “Introduce yourself”