Hello from greater Los Angeles area

Fredy J

Hello from greater Los Angeles area

Post by Fredy J » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:37 am

Hello to all. I am looking forward to learning from the information shared on this forum.

I am 44 years old and playing guitar has been a casual hobby. I don't play classical music but love the classical guitar. I'm looking to pick up a few simple to moderate pieces to play, and I don't have a clue where to start. This is the main reason I joined the group. Recommendations are more than welcome.

I am self taught and play mostly steel string acoustics. I don't read music but can play finger style.Ultimately, I plan on finding a local teacher to learn proper technique and get me on the right track.

That's all for now. I'm excited about getting started.

Fredy

George Crocket

Re: Hello from greater Los Angeles area

Post by George Crocket » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:22 am

Hi Fredy. Welcome to the forum. You know, learning to read music is not as difficult as you may think, and it opens many doors.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Enjoy your visits.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

mdub2000

Post by mdub2000 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:32 pm

HI Fredy, i just joined up as well and it sounds like were in the same boat. I'm self taught as well but about to start some classical courses online i'm looking into classicalguitarshed.com or classicalguitarcorner.com I haven't made up my mind yet but this is if you don't plan on taking privates and might want to self pace yourself with a little discipline.

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:46 pm

Hello Fredy and welcome to the forum!

Fredy J

Post by Fredy J » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:41 am

Thank you all for the welcome. I'm learning how to navigate my way through the forum. I've logged on a couple of times since my intro message but couldn't figure out how to open it and see the replies.

I will edit my username to include my location.

Thanks for the suggestions mdub2000. I will look into those two online courses you recommended. Good luck with your classes.

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:00 am

Hi Fredy. With your second post you should have a few more powers!
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Fredy J

Post by Fredy J » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:11 pm

Thank you!

Return to “Introduce yourself”