greetings from illinois

rg.2714

greetings from illinois

Postby rg.2714 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:06 am

hello everyone! ive been playing guitar for over 15 years. i started at age 11 when my uncle taught me chords and strumming, in highschool i took a guitar class and we used charles duncans "a modern approach to classical guitar", the class pretty much consisted of us learning each lesson on our own and then playing for the teacher so i consider myself to be self taught in classical guitar. after graduating highschool another member of the band i was in had a senior recital and the band was invited to play in his recital. his classical guitar teacher was there and offered to teach me free of charge. i studied with him for a few years but then he didnt have as much time anymore so i had to stop going. this was almost 10 years ago. since then ive been just expanding my repertoire and playing at restaurants of cafes. people are always very impressed but im aware my technique is not the best. i really want to improve my technique and develop a beautiful tone. i want to be as passionate about guitar as i once was when i was younger. look forward to meeting all of you and learning from more advanced guitarists.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: greetings from illinois

Postby GeoffB » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:40 pm

Hello rg.2714,

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find plenty to help, interest and inspire you here. Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

mdub2000

Postby mdub2000 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:22 pm

Welcome rg.2714....I just joined up as well....great to see your getting back into the discipline of classical guitar...I'm doing the same:)

Luuttuaja

Postby Luuttuaja » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:47 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!

rg.2714

Postby rg.2714 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:53 pm

thank you everyone. Looking forwards to meeting all of you.

Return to “Introduce yourself”